Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 October, 2011, 01:57:38 AM
If there is truth to Garland actively seeking co-director credit with the possibility of reshoots, Dredd is in a fucked-up state at the moment.

Good point. I'm trying to avoid the whole knee-jerk reaction thing but I have a horrible feeling that ego is the main driver behind this. It may even be for a good reason but it still worries me.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: blackmocco on 08 October, 2011, 01:24:18 AM
Writers write. Directors direct.

Well, yes, but people can write and direct a film. This way, the vision is now clear and there shouldn't be any more confusion and people not seeing eye to eye.

Still though, the fact that the director could have screwed the film up so badly that they kicked him out of the editing room is quite worrying. I am still hopeful though.

dracula1

Is this another publicity ploy? Like with the first DREDD still there was a lot of neg- reaction. It got everyone talking then POW! Empire appears and all bodes well.

Rex The Runt

Maybe the execs saw this forum and figured all the fans railing about tyre thickness and shoulder pads and figured the director totally muffed it.

Hopefully we'll get a comic relief oaf and a codpiece again!
@roguetrooper815

Steve Green

I think you overestimate our importance greatly.

SpetsnaZ99

sounds like another Halo miss to me

get in....back of the net
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Pete Wells

Oh ffs, just heard about this. I'm totally gutted. I just want the Dredd property to have the respect it deserves. I NEED this film to be good...

radiator

The thing is, there's a lot more at stake here than just the success of a film. A good dredd film that performs well could guarantee further films based on 2000ad characters, more revenue for Rebellion and ensure the long-term survival of 2000ad as a comic.

If it crashes and burns, we can wave goodbye to all that.

Steve Green

Curious to know what the creative differences actually are

Pete Wells

Cheers Radiator, that's what I was trying to say but I was too cheesed off when I was writing it. I feel so lucky that we've been given a second chance, it'll be devistating if it goes wrong...

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well this is hardly good news but I believe the Producers of Bladerunner threw out Ridley Scott due to 'creative differences.' Not what we wanted to hear though.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dracula1

Steve Green

The character's name is in the title.

dracula1

Thanks Steven l'm now enlightened.