Main Menu

RIP W. R. Logan

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 May, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Condolences to his friends, forum members and family. Truly devastating news and as always when tragedy hits so unexpected. Words really don't seem to say how it feels at times likes this so goodbye W.R Logan, we'll miss you. A lot.   :'(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

Awful news.All my sympathies to his friends and family and fellow boarders. R.I.P W.R Logan.  :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Robin Low

This is something worth breaking silence for.

I never met Logan, but I knew him from way back in the newsgroup days. When he found out that I lived a couple of miles down the road from him he was friendly enough to ask if I wanted to meet up for a pint and a natter. I declined the offer as I wanted to keep online life separate from real world life (about which he was entirely understanding, as I recall), but it's always been something of a regret.

The 'Origins' story was bound to happen sooner or later, but the reason it happened the way it did was because Logan was willing to pass on my ideas about Fargo and Booth to John Wagner. The fact that Logan was willing to do so, and involve me in some background checking, meant that I'm lucky enough to have my name on a Dredd story. For that, I'll always remember the guy.

Sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

Regards

Robin

von Boom

Terribly sad news. RIP.  :'(

dweezil2

Sad news!
Sincere condolences to all his family and friends.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Quick update on how we as a forum are doing.

The Judge Logan badge is being made this very moment in time, mega thanks to Dan at PR and JT Pegg has stepped forth straight away to do something fitting for the funeral programme.

Woolly

Speechless. Goes to show just what this board and it's members mean to people.

My heart goes out to Logan's family, and all who knew him. RIP mate.

The Enigmatic Dr X

RIP. He was a good sort.
Lock up your spoons!

pauljholden

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2016, 01:51:31 PM
Quick update on how we as a forum are doing.

The Judge Logan badge is being made this very moment in time, mega thanks to Dan at PR and JT Pegg has stepped forth straight away to do something fitting for the funeral programme.

Count me in on that too.

COMMANDO FORCES

That would be great PJ, if you would like to do something, then by all means.

TordelBack

I have zero creative juices to give, but anything in the shape of donations for memorial projects or real-world costs, please count me in. Reading back through Logan's Usenet and forum posts yesterday and today, I've cause to reflect on just what a huge part of the fan community even those of us who didn't know him in real life have lost.

Hawkmumbler

I'll happily donate in any kind of fund, and i'll happily knock some mediocre tribute together as well.

Richard

I've only just seen this. very sad news. I didn't know him but I thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts. Condolences to everyone who knew him.

Spikes

Just caught this thread. Only knew W. R. Logan from his posting on this forum.
But very sad news, and condolences to all his friends and family. RIP.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Such sad and shocking news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Stewart, but W.R. Logan was a true legend, it was one of the first names I started to recognise when I first joined the forum and his posts showed his knowledge of Dredd was second to none, even John Wagner's.
My first ever sketch was of a badly beaten Judge Logan by MacNeil. Logan's recurring injuries is a tradition that I hope will continue in Stewart's honour.

Count me in for a donation towards a memorial project.

My deepest sympathies to all his friends and family.

La Placa Rifa.

-Gavin