Main Menu

NEW AND IMPROVED FUTURE SHOP IS NOW LIVE!

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 July, 2006, 09:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Is this why the effin Cabs GN I ordered in May *still* hasn't arrived?

:(

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Oddboy

Hi Wake,

Any chance either the shop or the /books site (or both) could show book dimensions - so we can tell which books are the stumpy US sized 'rainbow spine' books & which are the taller 'Euro' books?

Ta muchly!

Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

...and does the change mean no more discount for subscribers? :(

IndigoPrime

Wake's not responsible for either site. The book site's down to me, and the shop's down to Rebellion in-house staff. Regarding the books site at least, every books page specifies whether a title is hardback or paperback, and with any remotely recent title, that's the way of distinguishing between Euro books and rainbow spines. That said, if you really want dimensions to be added, I could do this. (Mind you, I've a lack of time right now, so it'd be way faster if someone would be kind enough to email me the list of books with dimensions! If not, it'll be a while before I get a chance to add the data.)

Oddboy

Cheers Indigo,

So there's been no tall sized paperbacks for a while eh? *makes mental note*

That means I aught to get that Durham Red book...

IndigoPrime

Unless I'm having a senior moment, the Euro trades have all been h/b for quite a while now. And, yes, the Durham Red books are now the same size as the other rainbow spine ones. In fact, Banzai Battalion and Necronauts are the only non-standard paperbacks I can think of off the top of my head.

Oddboy

I'm sure the Vermin Stars was Euro-sized paper backs too - and possibly Bison, but I doubt I was ever going to buy that one, whatever size it was printed in!

IndigoPrime

Bison may well be softback, but as I don't have a copy, I can't confirm that. The original Vermin Stars was an outsized paperback, but the reprint is a rainbow spine book.

W. R. Logan

The Amstor Computer

Bison is hardback

No, it's not. The "Euro" books are as follows:

Rain Dogs - Hardback
Glimmer Rats - Hardback
Button Man: The Killing Game - Hardback
Hewligan's Haircut - Hardback
Necronauts - Softback
Durham Red: The Vermin Stars - Softback
Banzai Battalion - Softback
Judge Dredd/Aliens: Incubus - Hardback
Wardog - Hardback
Atavar - Hardback
Bison - Softback
Shakara - Hardback
Carver Hale: Twisting the Knife - Hardback
Lobster Random: No Gain, No Pain - Hardback
Family: Hardback
The Red Seas: Under the Banner of King Death - Hardback
Slaine: Books of Invasion 1 - Hardback
Fiends of the Eastern Front - Hardback

Exact dimensions vary, as the collections take in material from such disparate eras of the prog, but as a rough rule of thumb the dimensions of each collection should match the dimensions of the prog that the story first appeared in, with obvious exceptions for collections of material that span multiple size changes (as Banzai Battalion does, IIRC).

The Amstor Computer

...oh, and if you want a list of dimensions, IP, just let me know. It won't take more than 10 minutes to check the Euro books, and the "rainbow spines" are all pretty much identical (excepting the Batman/Dredd collection).

IndigoPrime

Well, if you're willing to provide them, I'm happy to put them on the site.

The Amstor Computer

Sod it - I hadn't got anything else to do, so here are the dimensions. I've rounded them off to the nearest quarter of an inch rather than give you a set of dimensions down to sixteenths of an inch. The measurements are width x height:

Rain Dogs - 9" x 12"
Glimmer Rats - 9" x 12"
Button Man: The Killing Game - 9" x 12"
Hewligan's Haircut - 9" x 12"
Necronauts - 8" x 12"
Durham Red: The Vermin Stars - 8" x 12"
Banzai Battalion - 8 1/2" x 12"
Judge Dredd/Aliens: Incubus - 8" x 12"
Wardog - 8" x 12"
Atavar - 8" x 12"
Bison - 8" x 11 3/4"
Shakara - 8" x 12"
Carver Hale: Twisting the Knife - 8" x 12"
Lobster Random: No Gain, No Pain - 8" x 12"
Family - 8 1/2" x 11 1/4"
The Red Seas: Under the Banner of King Death - 8" x 12"
Slaine: Books of Invasion 1 - 8 1/2" x 11 1/4"
Fiends of the Eastern Front - 9 1/4" x 11 1/4"

"Rainbow Spine" collections - 7 1/2" x 10 1/4"
Batman/Dredd Files - 6 3/4" x 10 1/4"
Case Files - 7 1/2" x 10 1/4"

IndigoPrime

Thanks for that. I'll update the pages next time I update the site (which will be when the new Sl?ine book arrives). Strange that the Batman/Dredd collection is a different size to the other "rainbow spine" books.

robbycox

I like the sound of that Rogue Trooper statue, any more details on that would certainly be appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob