Main Menu

Droid Profile

Started by Leigh S, 27 December, 2001, 04:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

While sulking around the house bemoaning the lack of 2000AD/Dredd annuals again this year, I was reminiscing about annuals past.  It struck me that I'd always enjoyed the droid profiles, which listed droids favourite films, books, TV and comics etc.  

Given the new faces at the command module, surely such a survey would be a great way to find out more about Tharg's new little helpers!  How about asking the three new editorial droids the following, which could be put on their profiles in the Creator section - top 5 films, TV, albums, books and comics, as well as first prog read and favourite 2000AD character/story? Any chance, Wake?  It might help us readers form a better picture of the newbies!

Wake

I do have something like this on my 'to do' list, but not just for droids...there will also be a page for the top 10/20 comics, books, films, computer games, albums and magazines.

Wake

Wake

The first stages of the online survey have been completed. Please vote for your favourite things here. Once a few votes are in I'll start a page collating the top choices. In the meantime anyone with a profile page (droids and fan contributors) will have their choices displayed there.

If you can think of any categories I've missed, please let me know.

Wake

Link: 2000AD Online Survey

Wood

How do you see members' profiles? How do you set up your own?

Wake

Fan profiles are in the input zone. You can have one if you contribute to the website...art, fiction, wallpaper, scanning, etc.

Link: Fan Profiles

Emperor

Quote from: Leigh Shepherd on 27 December, 2001, 04:16:32 AM
While sulking around the house bemoaning the lack of 2000AD/Dredd annuals again this year, I was reminiscing about annuals past.  It struck me that I'd always enjoyed the droid profiles, which listed droids favourite films, books, TV and comics etc.

Up from the depths...

Is there no index of these?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Necrotastic!  However, I'm a bit surprised that everyone voted for that ubiquitous arthouse vehicle Error 404.

Wake

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 February, 2011, 08:29:23 AM
Necrotastic!  However, I'm a bit surprised that everyone voted for that ubiquitous arthouse vehicle Error 404.

Change 2000adonline.com to 2000ad.org and index.php3 to index.php and you have a working link:

http://www.2000ad.org/index.php?zone=fan&page=survey

Emperor

It does remind me that we need more online surveys - the suggestion is probably in another thread here somewhere but I'll hop on this.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Also going back to the original post I've read a lot of the annuals and specials of late and in some they were the best thing in the issue! I'd love to see some of the newer creators complete these type of thing. Heavens knows why but I do love um.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Wake on 28 June, 2011, 09:34:28 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 14 February, 2011, 08:29:23 AM

Change 2000adonline.com to 2000ad.org and index.php3 to index.php and you have a working link:

http://www.2000ad.org/index.php?zone=fan&page=survey

I like the way that 2000adonline appears on the website poll at number one AND number eight!

Wake

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 June, 2011, 10:12:18 PMI like the way that 2000adonline appears on the website poll at number one AND number eight!

You mean 1, 11 and 14. Number 8 is 2000AD Review

Dandontdare

Must trade these optical receptors in for a refit...