Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I tried downloading the plans for this, but apparently they are not in the main computer.

Gorgeous stuff, so very tempting.

Recrewt

Great idea for a thread hippy and I look forward to seeing how it goes.   :thumbsup:

hippynumber1

It wasn't my idea, I was bullied into it by these fine fellows!  ;) Still, now I've started it I'm enjoying it enormously...

Dark Jimbo

Right, you've inspired me! I'm going to get my own long-planned 'build thread' for this forum into some sort of order and start posting as soon as.
@jamesfeistdraws

hippynumber1

ZenArcade

Can't wait to see the construction process this month. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

hippynumber1

Just going to tease you a little longer. (Mainly because I've made very little progress)... Here are the 'freebies' that came with subscribing:

1 - 1:1 scale blueprint of the completed model; "Look at the size of that thing!"

2 - T-Shirt (front)

3 - T-Shirt (back)

4 - Binder

Spikes

All very nice, and some Apocalypse War original art on the wall to boot :thumbsup:

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Quote from: Spikes on 04 March, 2015, 06:18:16 PM
All very nice, and some Apocalypse War original art on the wall to boot :thumbsup:

Only a bloody centrespread and all!

T-shirt is all kinds of lovely.

von Boom

hippynumber1

On the cockpit seating everyone seems to be going for the 'dirt ingrained in the crevices' look but, in my experience, it's the raised parts of leather seats that lose their colour and wear thin. With that in mind I've tried to dry brush the seats in grey so they look worn and grubby (photo 1). Then I've used a dark brown in the crevices to lift the wear and used a very light touch silver dry brush to give highlights (photo 2). Given that this is my first ever 'proper' model I'm quite pleased with the result!

von Boom

Wookie fur is very loose so you may want to stipple the co-pilot seat with fur. You know, for authenticity. :)

Mattofthespurs

Get a cat to sit on it whilst the paint is wet.

hippynumber1

A spot more painting today.

Forward cockpit instrument panel:

Side cockpit instrument panel: