Main Menu

You know you're getting old when...

Started by Thread Zero, 11 March, 2002, 02:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

...you read this week's 2k and don't understand it.

Took a while before the grey matter kicked in and I knew what Terror Tales was all about!

Very odd tale it was. Needed more depth to work, I feel.

Dredd was ok but not in the same league as Love Story 1 and 2. They were hilarious. This one wasn't. Shame really. Should have been 2 parts long.

I didn't get Dante. Could someone please explain how Arbatov was killed. I haven't a clue. Was he shot by Emmanuel? And what happened to Arbatov's neck?

Maybe Emmanuel is a psi and can kill people by thought. I guess all will be explained later on in the story. Then again, perhaps not!

Oh how I yearn for simple storytelling panels...

And don't get me started on the panels on page 3 of Dante!

Anyone fancy a banana and champagne?

scojo

The Amstor Computer

>>>I didn't get Dante. Could someone please explain how Arbatov was killed. I haven't a clue. Was he shot by Emmanuel? And what happened to Arbatov's neck?
Maybe Emmanuel is a psi and can kill people by thought. I guess all will be explained later on in the story. Then again, perhaps not!<<<

That's how I read that part - it seemed fairly clear. Anyone spot who Emmanuel could double for?

Wood

You need to spot it? isn't this the SECOND Luther Arkwright clone they've had, anyway?

And him having done Octobriana and all.

The Amstor Computer

Which was the first? I'm missing a chunk of early Dante strips (pre. 1125) - was it from before then, or have I just missed it?

Wood

Um, I can't remember the number, but it was the one that had the computer generated Lulu Romanov on the cover. The story, The Cadre Infernale, had a captain in British Intelligence who was the spit of Luther Arkwright (or I remember thinking so at the time). It was a different guy, but he may have been called Emmanuel, too.

CJones6759

It was the same guy, I'm sure of it.

The Amstor Computer

I've actually got that story sitting upstairs & I remember the character vaguely, so I'll go & have a check.

The Amstor Computer

Yep - Captain Luther Emmanuel, Brittania Intelligence. It's the same guy, though with no sign of any psi abilities.

Wood

Aaaaah. the same guy.

That'd expolain it :)

eggonlegs

Reprints for meg>luther arkwright both books

Wood

surely you mean all three books?

Oh, you mean the sequel as well.

I dunno. The original's one of my faves, but it's been reprinted SO many times, hasn't it?

eggonlegs

i am so sorry will poison myself later, and you know what i meant, but worthy of a full run i feel, just for all the poor folk who cant afford to buy comics every week!!!

Wood

Whoa, steady.

I din't mean it in a bitchy way.

But, yeah, it did come out that way.

Apologies.