Main Menu

Sort of Review Thing

Started by Byron Virgo, 13 December, 2005, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Well, being once again totally self-serving and pimping stuff no one in their right mind is at all interested in (well what's new?), but there's a review of Action Stations! (sans StabFoot) over at Silverbullet:

Link: http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/smallpress/113446358591933.htm" target="_blank">Review of Some Book or Other

House of Usher

Spiffing.

Another review will see print in Comics International, hopefully before Christmas, so look forward to that.
STRIKE !!!

Bico

Are you reviewing the draft, or the full issue (the one with Stabfoot)?

Bico

Sorry - where are my manners?

WHOOOOOORE!

House of Usher

Mr. Virgo gave me a copy of the new improved version, including Stabfoot, which I thought was the best thing in it.

Where did that Silverbullet chap get that Wild West Wendy was a baptist? It quite clearly says in black and white she's a methodist. Other than that, I thought his review was spot on, and very complimentary, as is fitting.
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

Byron Virgo

"Where did that Silverbullet chap get that Wild West Wendy was a baptist? It quite clearly says in black and white she's a methodist."

It may be in one of the text features in Pony School which, if memory serves, described Wendy as "a feisty Scottish minister's daughter", or something along those lines (I can't be bothered to go and look). Perhaps that's where the confusion came from, if he's still got the first book fresh in his mind. Anyway, I think it's been established that he's not the world's most fastidious reviewer.

You know, I've taken a few knocks over the Misty text story,, and been told to my face that it was no good, and I've accepted that it was basically a pointless piece of crap (luckily I have nothing to do with the follow-up). But this is the first time I've seen a positive review, which, confusingly, is apparently due to the "strong lesbian theme that runs throughout". Now, forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but where exactly was the "lesbian" element to this particular story? There aren't even two women in the same room together until the end of the bloody story!

Typical - I'm more annoyed by the good reviews than the bad ones!

Queen Firey-Bou

is she a methodist ?
i thought she was some sorto break away fundemantal faction of an associated split free church of scottish prespytrian church er thing.

shes definately more liberal than the real ones.

Byron, you don't know much about women do you? its a well known fact that two women in the same room naturally has a lesbian subtext.
as to all that bestiality in stab-foot, well i'm disgusted.