Main Menu

Is this naughty?

Started by Floyd-the-k, 13 April, 2008, 12:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

At fifty bucks that looks very tempting.

LARF

It's a flagrant breach of copyright, and he's had 723 people purchase the dvd at $50 a piece - that means - if it's the same product then he would have turned over - $36,000 dollars selling this product. He should be sued.

TordelBack

He should be sued.

Abso-fraggin-loutely.  Anyone got a direct line to Rebellion's legal dept, or do we just write to Tharg about it?

IndigoPrime

I don't know if Rebellion has a specific address for this kind of thing, but there's a 'report a listing' link on the auction, which can be used to flag suspect auctions with eBay.

ThryllSeekyr

I guess, I will keep my fifty-sixty Austrlaian dollars then.

I 'm just wondering now if Rebellion shouldn't doing this themsleves.

As I know they are already selling the current issues as a download.

Why not all of the back issues.  

COMMANDO FORCES

This is your normal Aussie, it's in their blood.

Once a Criminal, always a Criminal!

ThryllSeekyr

That poster looks genuine?

IndigoPrime

"Why not all of the back issues."

Various reasons. Some of the issues aren't digitised or aren't cleaned up. Also, Rebellion doesn't have the rights to everything anyway (such as Dan Dare, Really & Truly, etc.) In the (very) long run, we can expect most old 2000 ADs to be available digitally, but even then Rebellion won't be selling them off for peanuts.

W. R. Logan

>Anyone got a direct line to Rebellion's legal dept, or do we just write to Tharg about it?

Done

Rex Banner

That poster was legit. It was available in Previews alomg with a Dredd one, the cover of Black Atlantic which was a prog but I can't remember which one. I'm guessing it didn't sell very well because they were also offered on clearance by Diamond. They do appear quite often on Ebay.

W. R. Logan

hey man, had no idea it was dodgey - bought it off another ebayer a while ago who said i had full resale rights as the copyright had expired due to age. i will cancel this listing straight away. D_M

-digital_merchandise

TordelBack

as the copyright had expired due to age

If this person genuinely believed this he should be disenfranchised forthwith.  

the shutdown man

That original item is gone, and now I'm all curious. What was it?
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.