Main Menu

Last Post for a while

Started by Floyd-the-k, 27 May, 2008, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

I'm  leaving the board for a bit and thought I'd say a proper goodbye.
  I'm leaving mainly because I don't feel that I can say what I like about the progs. I don't want to rehash the arguments that have already been aired on this, but thought I should be clear about it.   may be back sometime but it won't be for a while. I won't be lurking, but may drop in on the chat from time to time.
  This is a terrific board all over - I just read PVS's thread about positive things the board has done and didn't realise it has been so inspiring to so many people.  For me, it has been a comfortable funny place, which has sometimes made me laugh out loud and through which I've met some interesting people.  I learned how to be polite on the internet here - mainly by being a galah and then regretting it (my apologies to Frazer Irving, Gordon Rennie, PVS and David Bishop for harping , being rude and generally typing without thinking).  Whenever someone is new and rude, I remember what I used to be like (I think I'm more thoughtful now, but at first it was so intoxicating).
           If or rather when I get to the UK, I will definitely let you know and see how many of you I can meet in the flesh.
  Anyone here is welcome to drop me a line via my address here.

hoo roo all,

Floyd

paulvonscott

I don't think you've ever said anything that needed apologising to me for, Floyd.  If you did, it can't have been very important as I certainly can't remember it :)

I can only sympathise with your viewpoint and hope you change your mind at some point and choose to spend more time here.  Hopefully see you in the chat, where I think opinion flows a little more freely.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Sorry to see you leave Floyd but I got to respect the reason behind it.

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Noisybast

Gutted. See you in the letters page?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bongo Jack

Another virtual punch in the gut.
Before I came here, I'd actually recognised the name Floyd Kermode repeating in the letters pages of 2000ad (mentioning how his wife found it amusing that artists used Japanese script to denote something exotic, if I recall correctly).  Sad to see you go, Floyd, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand your feelings, as there seems to be a an elephant in the room of late.

Best of luck, Mr K.
Live forever or die trying

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dog Deever

Bye Floyd- there's nothing more honourable than taking a stand for the little guy against a corporate edifice. Respect from me, see ya on the streets.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

scutfink

Funt Solo

Ah - poops.  And all because Tharg wet himself.  I would follow you, but I tried to follow PVS on his "leave prog in envelope" quest and discovered that my resolve's got as much longevity as a chocolate teapot.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Could we not all -- until given cause to suspect otherwise -- consign Matt's outburst to the status of what some of us might recognize as a "Planet Gary" moment and pretend it never happened?

Don't leave us, Floyd ...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bongo Jack

You could always read, but not review the prog?  In the spirit of un/dead pussycats discussed elsewhere, those not privy to your considered review can assume your opinion will be that the prog is equally good and bad, since it's now insulated from outside appraisal.
Live forever or die trying

Peter Wolf

Just fugeddabout it.

Tharg/Matt is allowed to let off steam as well.

Hes only Human/Betelgeusian after all.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jared Katooie

Seeya Floyd! Take it easy. Hopefully this lamb-brained mess will get sorted out soon...