Main Menu

2D – Northern Ireland Comics Festival 2009

Started by GollMac, 01 April, 2009, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GollMac

2D – Northern Ireland Comics Festival 2009

CELEBRATING COMIC BOOK CULTURE

4th – 6th June

2D returns this June with another exciting schedule of comic events. Guests confirmed so far include

David Lloyd, Liam Sharp, Mike Collins, David Hine, Garry Leach, Rufus Dayglo, D' Israeli, Declan Shalvey, Andie Tong, Staz Johnson, PJ Holden, Nick Roche, Phil Barrett, Bridgeen Gillespie, Andrew Brenner, Cartoon Saloon, Stephen Mooney

Schedule

Thursday morning and afternoon:
School workshops @ Verbal Arts Centre

Friday morning and afternoon:
School/Public workshops @ Verbal Arts Centre

Friday evening:
Panel discussions @ Sandinos Bar

Saturday morning and afternoon:
2D Open Day – come along and meet the guests – sketches, signings, comics dealers, workshops, stormtroopers, competition prize-giving, massive art wall and a whole lot more @ Verbal Arts Centre

The festival has also joined forces with the 'Campaign for Drawing' to host a drawing event during the Open Day on Saturday 6th June, where everyone will be invited to sketch on our Art Wall in the Verbal Arts Centre.

Saturday evening:
Panel discussions and Closing Party@ Sandinos Bar

Comic Art Exhibition: tbc

Table Space is Free for all Creators/Exhibitors/Publishers – on a first come first served basis

All Events are Free of Charge

For more details or to get in touch about anything festival related
Please go to http://www.2dfestival.com
or contact mailto:david@2dfestival.com">david@2dfestival.com

Verbal Arts Centre, Stable Lane and Mall Wall, Bishop Street Within
Derry / Londonderry, Northern Ireland BT48 6PU

Richmond Clements

We're really really hoping to be able to get over to this this year!

Buddy

RAC you should try to get there, it's great.

I'll do my damndest to get there for saturday, might even go up friday after work if i can get a place to stay over.

Also, Bridgeen Gillespie is very attractive so I'll have to go to swoon at her also!

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "GollMac"PJ Holden

Come on, Northern Ireland must have a decent guest 8-)

Buddy

Quote from: "W. R. Logan"
Quote from: "GollMac"PJ Holden

Come on, Northern Ireland must have a decent guest 8-)

Of course it does!

Rufus will be there.

Buddy

And, of course, the lovley Bridgeen Gillespie!

Actually that's quite a line up they have so far, this is getting bigger and better every year.

+rufus+

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"We're really really hoping to be able to get over to this this year!

Get there man..it's ace of spades!!! It's so much fun..and lotsa drinkage occurs! Woot!

+rufus+

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"And, of course, the lovley Bridgeen Gillespie!

Actually that's quite a line up they have so far, this is getting bigger and better every year.

The line up is organised by the fantastic David Campbell of the Verbal Arts Centre and Garry Leach, as advisor.

David puts on an amazing show, with truly something for everyone, parents, school groups, kids, fans, collectors alike and it really is a model of what Comic shows/cons could and should be.

Viva la Campbells!

I, Cosh

Interesting. I've got pals in Derry that I don't see often enough. They wouldn't be interested in this, but they did make me go and see a Derry City match last time I was over so fair's fair.
We never really die.

Buddy

Quote from: "+rufus+"
Quote from: "His Lordship rac"We're really really hoping to be able to get over to this this year!

Get there man..it's ace of spades!!! It's so much fun..and lotsa drinkage occurs! Woot!

I missed the drinking last year as I had to drive 80 odd miles back home, a B&B might have to be arranged or some other suitable floor, don't want to miss out on those drinks again!

+rufus+

Mikey

Nuts!

I missed last year and won't be in the country this year  :roll:  

Everyone go and make it a sucess so I can go next year...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.