Main Menu

2D Comics Festival (Derry, Northern Ireland)

Started by HOO-HAA, 21 May, 2010, 02:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOO-HAA

Just a heads-up, for any Norn Iron boarders, of the upcoming 2D Comics Festival in Derry:

http://www.2dfestival.com/

I'm hoping to pop up on the Sunday, perhaps setting a stall up. If you see me about, make sure and say heeellllo! :)

Professor Bear

Being a non-driving wuss, I'm at the mercy of the bus schedules for this, but it might be doable.
The programme seems a little nonexistent beyond the guest list, though.  Anything you can tell us about that's worth checking out?

Colin MacNeil

I'll be there and assuming your avatar looks anything like you I'll keep an eye out for you. ;) And if I happen to see a lion wandering about I'll know Professah Byah's about too. :D

See ya there!

HOO-HAA

Cool, Colin! :)

Prof, I only found out about it last week, so not sure what's going on at all. But, looks the business! And Colin's going to be there!  :D

KEVN

Really disapointed I cant go. Left Derry 14yrs ago. Miss the place now & then. Would love to meet Pat Mills. Might make it over next year

Mikey

I'd love to go...maybe Saturday's an option...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

pauljholden

I should be there saturday - heading from belfast earlyish and leaving later that night. (2D coincides with my youngests birthday, so timing is a pain...)

Saturday I'll be recording the Sunnyside Comics podcast somewhere, so if you wanna pop in and say hello, feel free...
-pj

HOO-HAA

Just confirmed I'll have a stall, selling and signing copies of my horror novel, FLU.

Looking forward to chatting to all of you guys! We'll have to get a group boarders photo! :D

HOO-HAA

Well, didn't get a group photo, per se. I was honounred enough to get a snap with the wonderfully talented Colin MacNeill!

Colin, it was an absolute pleasure talking with you! :)

COMMANDO FORCES

HOO-HAA

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 June, 2010, 08:15:37 PM
That is not Colin, where is his hat??????

The hat was in the vicinity. No doubt huffing and playing hard to get, as hats tend to do. 

Peter Wolf

I just had a kind of visual Freudian slip when i just looked at that pic because just for a second or two i thought it was Colin holding a pint of beer then i realised it was HOO-HAA holding up a copy of his book.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 June, 2010, 10:27:28 PM

I just had a kind of visual Freudian slip when i just looked at that pic because just for a second or two i thought it was Colin holding a pint of beer then i realised it was HOO-HAA holding up a copy of his book.

And then I looked at the pic, again, and saw the book change to a pint of beer... and then back to the book...

ARGH! Now, where's Walter Bishop when you need him...  :D

maryanddavid

One of these day im going to make it up to one of these. Good Time Hoo-Haa? Any 2000ad gossip, or even gossip in general?!  I spoke to Mr McNeil a few years back at a Dreddcon, lovely guy, any sketches?

David

pauljholden

Only managed to get up for the day - from about 11ish, did lots of (free) sketching for kids, had some food and then went to the pub and sat on a panel with Pat Mills (!) (interesting 2000ad factoid: Pat Mills did NOT write burger wars, despite being credited as such)

Good fun, didn't get saying hello to as many people as I should have (always feel a bit akward walking up to people I don't know and just saying hello, it's stupid but it's true) on the other hand did spend a lot of time goofing around with Leigh Gallagher which was fun.

Anyhue, more of the same please!

PJ