Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durendal

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 01:40:35 AM

If only they could get that photoshop bevel filter under control

Professor Bear

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 August, 2012, 10:52:50 PM
Possibly 'bad script' review:

When this thing hits theaters, people are going to call up Len Wiseman's "Total Recall" on the phone and apologize for being so mean. "I'm sorry, 'Total Recall.' I had no idea how bad things could get. You're starting to look like a masterpiece right about now."

http://collider.com/robocop-remake-script-review/188614/

I call bullshit.  Guy's made a name on the internet making the same kind of paraphrased bastardisations of pop-cultural phrases and ideas that he's ripping on the remake script for doing.  That's the problem with being a professional smug hipster twat - you're in no position to rag on anyone for doing the same thing.

Quote from: Durendal on 14 August, 2012, 12:43:06 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 01:40:35 AM

If only they could get that photoshop bevel filter under control

Needs some lens flare.

radiator

It's going well, then:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a402133/robocop-remake-hell-for-director-jose-padilha.html

QuoteRoboCop director José Padilha is reportedly going through "hell" trying to put together the remake.

The Brazilian filmmaker, whose credits include documentary Bus 174 and the Elite Squad movies, has been relaying his struggles with RoboCop studio MGM to friend Fernando Meirelles (City of God, 360).

Speaking to South American publication Cinemacom Rapadura, Meirelles said that Padilha is seeing most of his ideas get shot down.

"I talked to José Padilha by phone. He will begin filming RoboCop [but] he is saying that it is the worst experience," Meirelles said.

"For every ten ideas he has, nine are cut. Whatever he wants, he has to fight [for]. 'This is hell here', he told me.

Hugh Laurie, who was due to play the villain, has also left the production.

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 28 August, 2012, 01:03:27 PM

Hugh Laurie, who was due to play the villain, has also left the production.

His replace? Michael Keaton

Apestrife

This (was at least, they'v removed the "details" now) makes things look a bit brighter. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/06/robocop-script-gets-a-second-opinion said the transformer part being mostly colour and minor details. The film will expand upon Murphy loosing his humanity step by step. So who knows, may be good. But it's probably best to remain a bit of a sceptic, at least when hearing what  Future of the left's take on it is with their song "Robocop4 Fuck of Robocop :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60COw25TL00

Future of the left - Robocop 4 Fuck off robocop

jaws?
jaws2?
more jaws?
or jaws rebooted?
please - let's take a second to think about a future
state
of love
and bliss
brought to you by
wish lists
of eight year old boys who only crave explosions
why?
well
being eight
they have an excuse -
they are eight!
and giant robots cannot distract them from their fate

middle aged men on a movie date
committed to mortal shame

hey!
relax!
NO-ONE DIED!
in fact- they left improved
if Michael Bay wants a bigger house, let's help him
art?
ha!
where you from?
where you been?
he said -
I went to Cannes once and and really did not have much
fun
why?
well
being French
they talk too much
and all those pages of subtitles kept getting stuck

1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3
1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3

pirates of the caribbean 47
johnny depp stars as the robot pirate
who (loses) his wife in a game of poker
and tries to win her back with hilarious consequences
at least Harry Potter has a proper story
in the sense that the characters crave an ending
if (only) to release poor Billy Corgan
from his role as the titular character's nemesis
robocop 4 is in pre-production
like robocop 3 wasn't bad enough
and George Lucas won't be kicking his heels
til he makes some money from Howard the Duck
robocop 4 is in pre-production
like robocop 3 wasn't bad enough
i hope the projectionist likes his action
motion tracked and medicated

IAMTHESYSTEM

Interesting twist since the original RoboCop was about Murphy regaining his identity and therefore by default his humanity. Perhaps it will end with Murphy unable to recognize his family or Police Officer Partner treating them merely as other citizens.

Bit bleak for a Film reputedly aiming for the lucrative Twelve A market but kudos to the Brazilian director Jose Padiha for having some guts to downplay any over sentimental ending.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

klute

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 09 September, 2012, 12:56:43 PM
Interesting twist since the original RoboCop was about Murphy regaining his identity and therefore by default his humanity. Perhaps it will end with Murphy unable to recognize his family or Police Officer Partner treating them merely as other citizens.

Bit bleak for a Film reputedly aiming for the lucrative Twelve A market but kudos to the Brazilian director Jose Padiha for having some guts to downplay any over sentimental ending.

I preferred the fact that they couldn't completely remove his humanity....if they were intend on a machine with no emotion/humanity then why the human brain?? they may aswell bypass that and just build a robot surely it's possible to build a robocop with out the need for a human brain...............
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Steve Green

You end up with ED-209. (Or Mechanismo)

klute

Quote from: Steve Green on 09 September, 2012, 08:14:12 PM
You end up with ED-209. (Or Mechanismo)

Indeed but surely you do with a human brain that has no identity/emotion/humanity why would you route for such a character?

I think that was half the reason i liked Robocop first time around yeah he was more machine than man but the humanity gave you a reason to like him. Nobody cares about a robot because it can be replaced/repaired

You can see OCPS reason behind him being devoid of humanity/emotion for many reasons. but  again why not just a robot that looks like robop cop just without the human parts? because nobody would route for him.

I'd don't think i could sit in the cinema routing for a robot/cyborg if it's progression is to lose it's humanity IMHO.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

JOE SOAP

Goaty

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Sorry to say, but I really prefer this;

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

I'm too use to the old RoboCop suit  which is an iconic creation like the Terminator. The upgraded car looks butch but a slim down Cyborg perhaps reflects the time of this Film's making.

Verhoeven's RoboCop design was pretty muscular reflecting the style of a lot of the Action Movies of the 80's ala Rambo, Predator etc while this 2012 RoboCop is more  lean and mean, a slim line version for slim economic times. We're seeing it out of context of course without proper lighting and effects but if you compared the DREDD Uniform to this new RoboCop one and asked me which I preferred DREDD would win hands down. My first impression of the suit was 'Power Rangers' I'm sorry to say. Hope this Film does well though nothing, NOTHING will top Verhoeven's 80's masterpiece.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla