Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Had a flick through the Sunday Mail's review section today (for shame my mum reads it) and can't remember
the reviewer's name but he gave Dredd four out of five stars, effectively making his film of the week!

Proves some of there lot have taste at least.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

Yep, that's Matthew Bond, I read it too, it was shortest review.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Goaty on 11 September, 2012, 12:23:50 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 11 September, 2012, 12:12:17 PM
Now I've read the reviews on the Odeon website.. There were three one star ratings, interestingly all three with horribly bad grammar and no punctuation.. Which makes it hard to take these reviews at all seriously.

Maybe it was by 11-14 teenagers that can't watch the film?

Apparently some of them have been sneaking in

http://youtu.be/1tDvNmVFsm4

Goaty

CYCLOPZ

Its a kid doing the review. He's a 2000ad fan and is quite positive about the film. If you read the comments he reveals that he snuck in to see it.

Goaty

Michaelvk

Oh the irony.. Sneaking in to the theatre to see a movie above their age rating would land 'em some time in the cubes, I'm sure..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Also means other films are getting Dredd's ticket money.

darnmarr

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 September, 2012, 03:53:05 PM
Also means other films are getting Dredd's ticket money.
Meanwhile at a central department of cinema statistics and demographics analysis:

"Wow! Have you seen the amount of teenage boys going to Anna Karenina this week? - those chaps really dig this period-Tolstoy stuff!- lets have a sequel with explosions n' that..."

Apestrife

Gotta hand it to the kid, great review. A lot of other good ones on youtube too. Great that many seem to embrace the concept. A violent but beautiful film. Like a 70's thriller mixed with a 80's action.

Can't seriously wait. Feels like the movie will grant me a smile that'll break my cheeks.

DeFuzzed

I don't even twit and yet I'm hooked on the bloody thing for any mention of Dredd. It's addictive, listening to all the people reacting to it in real time. Need to step away now, it feels like I've been on it non-stop since Friday.

But for all those who haven't peeped in on Twitter, do - it's plenty reassuring. People are loving it.

darnmarr

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Gone up to 7.8 on IMDb. Let's hope it keeps on climbing.

MR. ELIMINATOR

But another rotten review on RT bring it down to 7/10. Still only three negative reviews is quite good, and the summary actually comes across quite well.

"If you've always wanted to watch bullets go through someone's face in slow motion, Dredd is for you."

Sold!