Main Menu

DREDD prequel comic

Started by Apestrife, 04 September, 2012, 08:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

A direct link to the comic http://www.scribd.com/doc/104439907/DREDD-MA-MA

Usually tie-in comics have't been great, but this was good. No "forced" focus on Dredd to explain him to new readers, but interestingly having him the background and Ma-Ma in the lead.

-An animal?
-Of the human variety.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rex The Runt

Before I read this, can someone who's seen the film tell me whether this comic contains spoilers?
@roguetrooper815

COMMANDO FORCES

No spoilers, it just tells the story of Ma Ma and how she started out.

coolyazz

I like the story. And I particularly like that picture of Anderson firing the gun. Need a bigger version immediately!

JOE SOAP

You can download the prequel comic on the 2000AD app.

Spaceghost

It's going to be in the Megazine next week too.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IndigoPrime

Well, there's a shitting lot of fucking swearing in that cocking freebie comic. Here's hoping The Daily Mail picks up on that, and fires out some kind of MATT SMITH WARPS CHILDREN'S MINDS WITH SWEARS headline. (On a more serious note, I guess 2000 AD's way past the 'catering for all' stage, right? The freeb comic's like the anti-Jim-Campbell-and-his-nice-idea.)

Mardroid

I've noticed plenty of swearing in the creator's owned  strips of the Megazine, the Dreddworld stuff remains pretty tame language-wise with just minor swear words here and there. As this prequel comic with be in the Meg, I guess it's not too out of place. It'll be the first Dreddworld strip to have that kind of language that I know of, but as it's not so much Dreddworld as 'Dreddworld next door' I suppose it fits.

I wish they had stuck to the comic swears in the film though, and this comic would then follow suit.