Main Menu

Dredd-2 (2014)

Started by junox, 10 September, 2012, 12:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

Maybe im jumping the gun, but i think we gotta start discussing this NOW
what do we want in  the second movie of this franchise ??
personally i want an epic story, bringing many parts of Dredds world together
i would like to see
chopper
America
the Cursed earth
the ABC Warriors- in all there Glory
finishing of with an intro to  judge DEATH at the end

what would you guys like    :-*

JOE SOAP

ABC Warriors have no part in DREDD.

vzzbux

Lets hold on this for a while. Try not to jump the gun and tempt fate too much. Plenty of speculation threads to throw ideas around.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Richard

Alex Garland has already said that a sequel is quite unlikely to happen, so it's too soon to get into all this now.
I hope that there is a sequel, and if the studio announces that there will be one then we can all discuss what it should be, but if we start now we will just be setting ourselves up for a disappointment.
Let's just enjoy the first one for a bit.

darnmarr

junox

thanks darnmarr ill check it out

sorry Joe  i must be getting old... i thought i remembered a strip where Dredd  found hammerstein in the cursed earth then they fought or something ill kneed to go through my old progs for a re- read

JOE SOAP

Pat Mills wrote it to tie into the Stallone film, best not go there.

CYCLOPZ

Yeah that one had me confused for a while too, the Hammerstein thing was fused into the Judge Dredd back story. It seemed plausible for it to happen, but couldn't recall the dates he retconned it in.

Stan

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 September, 2012, 12:12:24 AM
Lets hold on this for a while. Try not to jump the gun and tempt fate too much. Plenty of speculation threads to throw ideas around.

V

Indeed. Junox may have jinxed it but let's see what the box office numbers look like first.

Then we can decide whether or not to lynch him.

SmallBlueThing

Hang on, since there's precedent, surely it makes sense to introduce the ABCs in dredd2, then spin them off into their own movie afterwards?

SBT

CYCLOPZ

I seem to remember something about Mega City 1 in Robusters from way back,  can anyone shed some light on that? And while we're  on the subject wasn't Robohunter originally set in the big Meg?

glassstanley

In Hammerstein's War Memoirs, one of his human colleagues is looking forward to going bacj home and help with the building of the new Mega-Cities.

The ABC Warriors feature the son of Satanus in their first series, and a Judge appears in Nemesis Book 4 (or 5).

Apestrife

Is it okay to post in this, or should the fantasy thread be used?

I'm thinking of posting something longer. I don't want to post it in the wrong thread :)

JamesC

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: JamesC on 10 September, 2012, 04:49:07 PM
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/09/10/karl-urban-on-the-future-of-judge-dredd

Interesting interview there. Urban pretty much directs quotes The Deadman prologue to Necropolis with Dredd doubting the big lie. What he'd like to see, along with the writer wanting to do Dark Judges, well sounds like including some Necropolis and democracy story elements in the sequel could work.