Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKCX

What an interesting few days its been, can't believe the amount of stuff slipping through, beginning to think that the September release is too far away. I suspected it was going to be near future and to be honest, it worls for me, going by the chase footage, the skyline is'nt as crowded with grim slum blocks as I thought it would be. Anyway, it's looking good so far.

Michaelvk

It is a shotty of sorts..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SneakeeX on 12 February, 2012, 03:07:02 AM
going by the chase footage, the skyline is'nt as crowded with grim slum blocks as I thought it would be.

It's 3 seconds of one shot.

Michaelvk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 February, 2012, 03:34:30 AM
going by the chase footage, the skyline is'nt as crowded with grim slum blocks as I thought it would be.

Well, if you believe some people that's enough to prove that the film's shit.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

blackmocco

The aintitcoolnews brigade are on top form with this footage, as usual. Arseholes.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 February, 2012, 01:53:04 AM
As long as it feels like Dredd, I don't really care if we're looking at a film that could be set in the 2100s, or 2030, or, like Children of Men, a brutal near future. It's an adaptation of Dredd. On those shots, MC-1 looks horrible—an absolute shit-hole. There's a real 'on the brink' vibe coming off the snippets we've seen, which I'm really intrigued to see as a film. That certainly beats the '90s gloss of the last one.

Too right, I do love that Children of Men comparison (one of the finest and most original recent sci-fi outings), didn't someone on here mention a while back about knowing some guy who did matte work on Dredd, and they described what they saw of the film as "RoboCop meets Children of Men", or something similar, which certainly bears out in the leaked footage (somewhere, an IM Global and/or Lionsgate official is going ABSOLUTELY BALLISTIC) we've seen thus far... one thing though, where's the Lawmaster in that chase shot, it must be me, I can't quite make it out :-[ !?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

blackmocco

You can't see anything of it, just a brief shape turning into the alley behind the van...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Beaky Smoochies

Yup, there it is, gotcha... and I think the footage of the multiple Judges walking through an entrance is [spoiler]the corrupt Judges arriving at the Peach Trees Block[/spoiler], could be wrong though...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 12 February, 2012, 04:29:21 AMsomewhere, an IM Global and/or Lionsgate official is going ABSOLUTELY BALLISTIC)

Yeah..  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: blackmocco on 12 February, 2012, 03:51:38 AM
The aintitcoolnews brigade are on top form with this footage, as usual. Arseholes.

Nothing out of the ordinary there then!
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Gonk

That's true. I'll just have to resolve myself to not seeing "The Stupid Gun" in this version of Dredd.
So apart from weaponry and uniform, and Anderson's psi powers, what other science fiction elements can we expect?
I mean, finding out someone's full identity details and movements via technology is no longer the stuff of SF writers imaginations is it?
coming at a cinema near you soon

DKCX

Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 February, 2012, 03:38:35 AM

My point would be depending if they are going for a heavily populated city and space is at a premium, the skyline would be thick and obscured with buildings. I'd imagine there would be little or sky to see.
Look Soap, everyone is analysing the shots to see where the film is going and obviously still very early in terms of FX and maybe the movie makers take on Mega City One is different to what I'm expecting. (I've avoided reading the script).
Sady Michael, that's from what I'm picking up from other news sites not helped by our so called
"Dredd fan :p" spreading his hate campaign and fuelling the negativity.
The real fans and myself here are now 100% behind the movie, there maybe some minor niggles from some  but the majority are generally behind it. It's however the people who don't or barely know the Dredd property are the danger. Their negativity is being driven from the so called "Dredd fans" repersenting us and validating their opinions that the movie is shit straight up.
I think the van/bike scene is very Batman Begins to me for some reason but that's just me, the style or something, can't put my finger on it.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 February, 2012, 03:38:35 AM

I was going to comment on this exchange- but I see SneakeeX has beaten me to it. Joe- you are so bloody spikey about any and all perceived criticism, it's becoming annoying. Even if SneakeeX had inferred some criticism in his post, rather than merely mentioning it as a valid point- why do you feel the need to immediately jump in with one of your one line putdowns? Some people aren't going to like what they see here. I don't. I think the whole thing- from the leaked script to the uniforms, to the tone we're seeing in these clips, to the 70s Starskey & Hutch vibe of that car chase looks absolutely crap. And I can't believe you're forcing me to make that obvious- I'd long ago decided not to put any criticism on this thread, preferring instead to just not go to see the bloody thing, and wait til it's three quid in a bargain bin. But there you go- this is as far removed from any Dredd I recognise or like as to look like it might as well be an Asylum knock off.

So now you can direct your ire at me, rather than people who just pop up with reasonable observations based on their perception of the clips, and don't meet your high standard of film theory and production knowledge.

And that's my last fucking post in this thread, and my last word on a movie I doubt I'll ever see.

SBT

Devons Daddy

BOARD this is when we must stand united.
POSITIVE COMMENTS, PUSHING ON EVERY SOCAIL MEDIA SITE.

we need to support the team here, if we can offer a small groundswell of positive attitude to this OUR MOVIE!!(as we are with Judge Minty) then that can only help it be a success.

we have such a scope between us.If we push it can grow and 2000ad,Rebellion and the team whom have entertained us for so many years will reap their rewards and we will be secure for another 35 years.

my stand. THIS IS A MEGA-NIFCENT MOVIE.
on every site i play, i will say so.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Beaky Smoochies

I gotta say I feel a little disappointed the Mega-City One skyline isn't filled with high-rise blocks, there seems to be an awful lot of empty sky there for an overpopulated futuristic metropolis :-\... holding out hope that's not a finished shot, but if it is, that's one thing I could nitpick compared to everything else we've seen so far that's absolutely bang-on, it'll all look amazing in high-definition regardless, though... and I agree, LET'S STAY POSITIVE people, we can exchange individual opinions and POV's, but let's not bash what a lot of people have worked darn hard to create before we see the final product, all together now - :D - that's better!