Main Menu

GTA 4

Started by LARF, 30 March, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

So has anybody that's finished the game started fiddling around with the cheats in sandbox mode.

I quite like using the flying cheat in GTA: San Andreas.

ThryllSeekyr

So has anybody that's finished the game started fiddling around with the cheats in sandbox mode.

I quite like using the flying cheat in GTA: San Andreas.

satchmo

Ten out of Ten in this month's Edge!

ThryllSeekyr

Since I made myself a Steam Account last monday or tuesday.

I have been enjoying the game ' Hinterland.' Which like a poor man's version Diablo Two ( without Dungeons and a character class tech tree.)  with a very innovative village building feature that adds a extra dimesion to game play.

If you can spare the thirty dollars (AUD) you should try purchacing this one.

I have to admit that after playing this for nearly a week, I still find the word 'Hinterland' to be a odd name to associate with it.

it was Wendesday of last week that I decided to purchase the GTA IV download from Steam.

After getting the download started. It had progresssed about fifty one percent of the way through when it stopped.

After refreshing the page, the download proceeded wih the download. No not really, because the numbers weren't moving.

it was still stuck at fifty one percent and nopt moving beyond this.

About half a hour later, the message 'Download Completed' popped up.  

When I knew the actaul download would take a full eaight and and half hours and it was barely four hours into this.

So I,m now trying download it again. Since then, my machine and it's connection have been alittle slow.

It's really hard to get help through Steam, because they want you consult pages of FAQ and for some strange reason their Forum will not let me post despite having also having registered just for this reason alone.

I'm sending them a question and request for help right now.

GTA IV is still not a cheap download coming to between seventy and eighty dollars (AUD).

So, I eoither want thsi game to work, which it isn't or a refund.

As it is, it's stcuk at creating the local cah files, preparing for the full game install again.

it doesn't go beyond this.

it just stalls.

I have checked to see if I have the right amount of disk space, about 1800 KB atleast only 1500 is needed.

I sending them copy of my DXdiag, even though I reckon STEAM should this knowledge anyway. They actualley scan you system to see if you have the right hard ware.

The thing is, that whenever they request the game code, I use the confirmation code they gave me when I first purchased this game. It's the only code that was given to me. So I figured it would be the only code that mattered when I was prompted to use since I first tried to successfully download this game.

This doesn't work either. It just keeps giving me INVALID number/code error message.

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I figured I would on the off chance that anybody else has experienced the same problem with another Steam game or the very same GTA IV on Steam.

Bouwel

If you are trying to get it for the PC get your money back right now. Pople I know who have bought this have been complaing aout many different problems (downloading it just being one of them!).
As I fancied this game myself I went to Amazon and had a look at the reviews; nearly every single review is negative.

I'd urge you to have a look at the Amazon reviews and then make a decision.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

ThryllSeekyr

Well, I loved Gta: San Andreas and have been yearning to play this but have never bothered buying a Playstation Three.

Whne I saw it GAT IV on steam. I also assumed that one of it's features would be making easier to run on a not quite so up to date PC as mine.

Anyway, I am awaiting a reply and a solution from them, right now.

I guess I will find out soponer neough how ell GTA IV is going to run on my machine.

I have asked them to scan my hardware and given them my DXDiag details.

Bouwel

I hope it works for you :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

the shutdown man

I haven't tried this on the PC myself, but my mate did and he said that since it's a Microsoft live game, it will only accept an X-Box compatible controller, or something like that. Which seems a bit ridiculous on the PC. Maybe if you're downloading it from Steam it won't have the XBox restrictions.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

radiator

Trailers out for Lost and Damned, the first Xbox 360 downloadable explansion/mission pack thing.

//http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43617.html

Kerrin

Anyone know if they're planning expansion packs for the PS3? Loved the game but thought there could have been a lot more daft side mission stuff to do a la San Andreas.

ThryllSeekyr

I have finally succceded in eventualley downloading this game on STEAM. But can't it to work, because it keeps giving me the THERE IS NO DIRECT X NINE INSTALLED ERROR or words to that effect.

So have tried upadtaingmy graphics drivers and speically that one.

Yet I don;t think the STEAM software recognises  that I have done thsi. It's still telling me I have .......

DirectX Driver Version:  6.14.10.6891

Last night I I tried installing the latest Direct X nine thinga ma whatsit

From here....

//http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/DirectX10.aspx

It's still giving me the same error.

I might have made a mistake buying this download.

I thought my computer could have been up to specs.

Processor Information:
    Vendor:  AuthenticAMD
    Speed: 2000 Mhz
    1 logical processor
    1 physical processor
    HyperThreading:  Unsupported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported

Network Information:
    Network Speed:  

Windows Version:
    Windows XP (32 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported

Video Card:
    Driver:  BB Capture Driver
    DirectX Driver Name:  ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version:  1.00
    DirectX Driver Version:  6.14.10.6891
    Driver Date: 4 Oct 2008
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series
    VendorID:  0x1002
    DeviceID:  0x4153
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1024 x 768
    Desktop Resolution: 1024 x 768
    Primary Display Size: 12.60" x 9.45"  (15.75" diag)
                                            32.0cm x 24.0cm  (40.0cm diag)
    Primary Bus Type Not Detected
    Primary VRAM: 375 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 6x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Realtek AC97 Audio

Memory:
    RAM:  511 Mb

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    Microphone:  Not set
    Media Type:  DVD
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  228941 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  16388 Mb
    OS Install Date: Feb 09 2007
    Installed Packages:

here's my System information according to Steam.

Somebody might notice I what I have wrong.

It  may be a underpowered graphics card.

it might be that I have not freed up enough free space to run the game on .

I have 12. something KBs and it's asking for 16-20.

Maybe I can free up more.

Iv'e been carefully moveing folders over from the main directory to the other one that doesn't get acccessed so much.

I'd ask at STEAm but it's reaally difficult accessing their forums. :|  :oops:

Banners

If its a DirectX problem, use dxdiag.exe (run it from a command prompt) and that may help.

Oh, and if you're on XP, you can only run DX9 - DX10 is just for Vista.

M@

ThryllSeekyr

It's still not working, giving me the same error.
It's most likely a hardware related problem, I guess.
My bad for buying this download.

uncle fester

I'd just like to say I've finished the strip club / 3 managers mission (Undressed To Kill)

I've been trying to complete this mission since new year's day.

Some of you may be thinking "What's the big deal?"

I obviously had been approaching the mission from the wrong thought process as I've used up god knows how many attempts, ammunition, cups of coffee, vodkas... the list goes on. The bull in a chain shop approach just wasn't the answer.

Anyway. I decided to "think outside the box" (don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't got this far), and hey presto! Managers are deceased!  :D

There is no real point to this post, but I just thought I'd share it. There must be SOMEONE who got badly stuck on this one as well as me??

Anyone? Anyone?

Richmond Clements

QuoteThere is no real point to this post, but I just thought I'd share it. There must be SOMEONE who got badly stuck on this one as well as me??

Anyone? Anyone?

The Bank Raid mission tooko me about a million goes to complete- but it was great fun.
Likewaise, the mission where you're trapped in the derelict building with all SWAT police surrounding you.
It took me a couple of weeks before I fihured out that they just lept coming no matter what, so all I had to do was run!