Main Menu

The Progmuda Triangle

Started by Tjm86, 21 September, 2019, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 27 November, 2019, 12:42:36 PM
Postie come and gone and still no prog this week, which means it will be Thursday at the earliest that my sub prog arrives. That's a new record, and coming off the back of the Wednesday prog last week and the uptick in Monday/Tuesday progs it's getting a bit frustrating. No other regular mail is delayed so I can only assume there's a blip somewhere in the pipeline for the prog. Hopefully it gets resolved soon...

Mine arrived Tuesday last week and then Wednesday this week.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 28 November, 2019, 05:25:59 PM
Mine arrived Tuesday last week and then Wednesday this week.

Mine arrived at last today. Will be interested to see if 2160 arrives at the usual time or not - if it's a third week in a row getting here at the same time (or later) than it's out in newsagents then I think I'll be making my first complaint in the 15 years I've been a sub. Fingers crossed it's just been a wobble these last couple of weeks though.

Leigh S

PROGLESS, ASSEMBLE!

Nothing yet again - since switching to Annual I think I may have had one Saturday prog, with them turning up as late as Wednesday.... no word from Tharg on this, as it seems it isn't just me....?

IndigoPrime

I think Royal Mail is being shit of late. Mini-G's clockwork Phoenix has now started arriving on Saturday or later, after a run of Fridays. 2000 AD is all over the place.

Leigh S

Hmm - actually, I do wonder if Royal Mail are having some serious problems that are not being reported/I haven't read about

IndigoPrime

Hard to say. Locally, we had nothing from 18–22 Nov, and then 11 items on the Saturday, which clearly isn't normal. That included two issues of 2000 AD, a week-late Meg, and stuff that had clearly been stacked across the week. Royal Mail said nothing had been reported, but they could if I wanted investigate directly with the depot. I figured what's the point?

moly

Tjm86

Same here in the Taff Wastes.

Increasingly moving to the point where a show before Wednesday is the more unusual occurrence.

... and this is without the proposed Christmas strike.

Daveycandlish

It seems to be a regular thing these days for my doormat to be progless on a Saturday morn.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Amstor Computer

No 2160 here yet, and the postie has been today. Looking like it could end up being another after-it's-in-the-shops prog...

CalHab

Similarly, no prog here. Is this a post office problem or one at Tharg's end?

The Amstor Computer

Not sure, TBH. My guess at the moment is that it's a combination of seasonal and election mail causing an issue, but that could be totally off-base. I've certainly never had this many late progs in a row, all while the rest of our usual mail is apparently arriving on time.

Tomwe

Got mine today. They're coming!

Colin YNWA

Yep nowt in Sheffield yet and the posties been. I do wonder if it will be like this until after X-Mas?