Main Menu

Don't Panic! 2 days left to vote for Dad's Army

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 25 March, 2004, 11:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

If you love your country you will vote for Dad's Army, the most patriotic of all the sitcoms.

Just think, if you don't Blackadder might win and Richard Curtis will feel justified in making more films, and Ben Elton will eventually write a musical about a band YOU love.

You know it makes sense.

ADE

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sitcom/vote.shtml" target="_blank">Vote!

Oddboy

But consider Fawlty Towers & Yes, (Prime) Minister before you deside!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Bah.

I prefer Blackadder and Porridge.

And the Vicar of Dibley.*

- Trout

* spot the lie

Thread Zero

And the Vicar of Dibley.*

Course, I've been waxing wroth since I found that The Vicar of Dibley was in the top ten, and Father Ted was only at number eleven...

Cursed BBC!

longmanshort

But consider Fawlty Towers & Yes, (Prime) Minister before you deside!

If the former doesn't win then it will be a travesty!!!!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

DavidXBrunt

But Dad's Army should definatley win. Much better than Farty Owls.

thrillpowerseeker

Ive just clicked the Dads Army vote link (by far the best) and all I got was a return to the phone vote or text vote page where you have to pay for the privelege ...How come you cant just click a vote online?, the technology is in place..strikes me as just another money making scam so bollux to it..really hope Dads Army wins tho

T.P.S

Devons Daddy

its fawlty towers for my vote.
though the pitches for each swing me towards only fools and horses.

but the top ten is full of class,thats without a doubt.memories of being young and watching the shows come flooding back.

Open All Hours as the advocate says. like a pair of old slippers, happily watch any of these and smile.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

therev

From the list?
Farty Twats.
NO question.
Shame Rising Damp and Father Ted aren't there.

I had a great idea a couple of years ago what about doing a one off "where are they now" or "what happenened since then" based on shows such as The Good Life, Fawltey Towers,Open all hours etc.
Only a one off mind!

DavidXBrunt

They did something similar at Christmas, where they told the life stories of a couple of famous sit-com characters. A mate from College played the young Fletcher, clips from Porridge represented his middle age and Ronnie Barker returned for the finale.

Interesing, if not totally succesful.

Devons Daddy

where are they now

they did that over christmas i saw the porridge one. and they where advertising to the manor born after that as well.my father sent a video of the christmas specails.that was one he put on there.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

paulvonscott

If Porridge, YEs Minister or even Dad's Army win I'd be happy.  

I'd be gutted if Only Fool and Horses (so fucking overrated) or Vicar of Dibley (deserves to be much more despised).

Open all Hours has always just depressed me, Fawlty towers is okay, Blackadder isn't bad.

You could vote online, but as the show is coming up, they want to change it to an all money making scheme I reckon.

Cheers

Paul

paulvonscott

Wow. Expected (if somehwat lame) result, but who realised how many people liked the unfunny vicar of dibley?

Surprised by the low rankings of porridge and dads army, pleasently surprised at how well yes Minister did.

Queen Firey-Bou

eh eh? who won ?

i ended up watching some of this , only cos puter was busy... phone wouldnt let me vote fawlty towers...

youre not telling me the vicar of dribbley won are you ? no way !

(cliff is the anti-christ btw )

DavidXBrunt

Fools and Horses won, Blackadder second, Dibley third, yer flaming majesty.

Steptoe and Son was robbed.