Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 17 January, 2016, 11:37:31 PM
I hadn't even thought that if people have a problem with Rey, they must also surely have a problem with Anakin flying a starfighter and saying "This is podracing" NO IT'S NOT THERE IS A WHOLE NEW AXIS HERE OH JESUS.

Of course that is really only an issue because I couldn't stand a kid character in Star Wars, especially when I was a kid....

Think I am going to have to start watching Rebels now.

I rather enjoyed the first series of Rebels, even with the (cartoon) kid character, but I'm kind of with you on kid actors, although I have been pleasantly surprised on occasion.

In the case of Anakin, I don't think many viewers thought the naboo fighter scene that great, did they? I know I wasn't that keen on it, even taking into account it went into orbit on autopilot. I'd take Rey's piloting over Ani's any day. Which is no doubt your point.

DaveGYNWA

Turns out that a teaser for Rogue One has made its way out to t'internet....think its been out a while though, and is probably faked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5zVuuHBQA

Unfortunately, it looks like it's another fecking Death Star involved.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Spaceghost

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 19 January, 2016, 10:07:47 AM
Turns out that a teaser for Rogue One has made its way out to t'internet....think its been out a while though, and is probably faked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5zVuuHBQA

The film is about a rebel faction stealing the plans for the first Death Star which end up hidden in Artoo in A New Hope.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 19 January, 2016, 10:07:47 AM
Looks real. Erm the film is prequel to A New Hope as it about a band of Rebel fighters comes together to carry out a desperate mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Mardroid

As the destrution of the Death Star(s) has been dealt with already (three times) and this is actually about getting the plans, I'm hoping it will essentially be a kind of Star Wars heist movie at heart. That would be fine with me.

Goaty

Well this is teaser concept art of what Rogue One looks like;

von Boom

Quote from: Mardroid on 19 January, 2016, 04:54:58 PM
As the destrution of the Death Star(s) has been dealt with already (three times) and this is actually about getting the plans, I'm hoping it will essentially be a kind of Star Wars heist movie at heart. That would be fine with me.

Ocean's Rogue One?

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

Didn't that trailer leak months ago, as I've seen that before and thought that the Death Star was gonna wreck that planet, being so close to it!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: von Boom on 19 January, 2016, 05:09:38 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 19 January, 2016, 04:54:58 PM

Ocean's Rogue One? Oseon's Eleven.

FTFY.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Quote from: Goaty on 19 January, 2016, 05:13:22 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 19 January, 2016, 05:09:38 PM
Ocean's Rogue One?

Yep they are very handsome...

Clearly the Empire has outlawed primary colours in the new canon.

The Legendary Shark

Green leads to amber, amber leads to beige and beige leads to suffering.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steve Green

Satanist

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 January, 2016, 05:46:25 PM
Bothan's Eleven.

As a kid I thought she said "many boffins died" which I always thought was quite disrespectful to the recently killed brainboxes.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?