Main Menu

2000 AD Website Back and Badass!

Started by w3bz, 25 August, 2009, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Though I was eeing things when I loaded up the fornt page. There moving but onl;y subltely, like you might think your eyes are playing tricks on you. That's really cool, but a shame it was so much trouble and I'm wondering if you going to do the other side with Slaine.

No 2000AD banner, animated or not is complete without Slaine.

Quote from: Mardroid on 26 August, 2009, 02:57:25 AM
I'll admit I have mixed feelings about the new banner. It's creepy and quirky... so yes, lets keep it. I miss that animation of Dredd riding up on his bike though. It would be great if that could reappear somewhere, although I understand it's probably best not on the front page considering the amount going on... but

Good point, and I wouldn't have noticed until you mentioned this.

mygrimmbrother

Well I bloody love it. For one thing, the banner made me think of how Kev Walker's style would really work in animated form. A proper cartoon - hmmm, think I recall that being mentioned a few months back.

VinceBot

Quote from: Wake on 26 August, 2009, 11:08:34 AM
I add a leading space to keep the titles unique

That might explain a few things.
Unfortunately we're trimming and normalise all the story titles in order to get the SEF URL stuff to work. Two actual titles can be the same, but the normalised versions can't.

I hope I haven't broken anything in the early prints due to the name duplication.

uncle fester

So you didn't fancy animating Judge Fire then, huh? I suppose I can forgive you :)

It all looks excellent.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 26 August, 2009, 11:27:45 AM
Well I bloody love it. For one thing, the banner made me think of how Kev Walker's style would really work in animated form. A proper cartoon - hmmm, think I recall that being mentioned a few months back.

My thoughts exactly, a first glimpse the cahracter moving. A preveiw.

Congrats on that.

BTW has there been anymore news on the 2000AD cartoons?

Mike Gloady

Quote from: uncle fester on 26 August, 2009, 11:42:52 AM
So you didn't fancy animating Judge Fire then, huh? I suppose I can forgive you :)
Hmmmmm, fire's hard enough to draw, I'm with you there Fester.

And we NEED that ABC Warriors saturday morning cartoon.  NOW.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Buddy

Quote from: w3bz on 26 August, 2009, 09:06:56 AM
A general reply to people in general:

Just use the top links if you don't want to use the flash ones.

The flash banner up top was an idea of 2000 AD's that I put into use, there's no real biggy with changing it up a bit, particularly when we get the accounts side of things sorted then you can choose what to appear. And no it didn't take long, so I'm sure we

QuoteWith all due respect that banner thing is shit.

Yawn. With all due respect I only have time for people being constructive.

Ahhh... sorry about that... was havin a bad day and didn't mean to be so obtuse.

Please ignore what I said.

/hang head in shame/

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 26 August, 2009, 11:53:32 AM
Ahhh... sorry about that... was havin a bad day and didn't mean to be so obtuse.

Please ignore what I said.

/hang head in shame/
Pick up that head, Buddy.  You're practically an institution around here. 

What about that group hug, people? 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Peter Wolf

It looks beautiful .

Thanks to everyone involved.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 26 August, 2009, 11:48:49 AM
Quote from: uncle fester on 26 August, 2009, 11:42:52 AM
Hmmmmm, fire's hard enough to draw, I'm with you there Fester.

And we NEED that ABC Warriors saturday morning cartoon.  NOW.

"Judge Fire has been contained, his flames turned right down by order of the Mega City One Fire Brigade and City Council

Actullely they seem to be all shimmering in a slight haze like they are feeling the effects of having Judge Fire close by.

To quote from "Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy"......

QuoteArthur Dent: You know, if this is Southend, there's something very odd about it.
Ford Prefect: What, you mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes, I thought that was odd

Dandontdare

I quite like the wobbly-shimmer effect, it's a bit mad. I like the way Durham's boobies jiggle (though they don't jiggle half as much as Rogue's moobs) and the way Finny keeps popping up in different places.

haven't had a chance to try out all the archive and index stuff, but it's looking fab, nice work guys.

Dandontdare

I was intrigued by the "copyright holder" link in the Creators section, but it only brings up 2 entries - The Dan Dare Corporation and , oddly, DC Comics, with no further details on either!

Grant Goggans

VinceBot

Yeah that was part of trying not to lose data - I think there were two entries where a series had a "copyright holder", so there you go.

You can't see any details on them because creators don't show their series ownership.