Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2015, Leeds, 14th - 15th Nov

Started by Dodsy, 27 February, 2015, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Anyone managed to get a picture of the mekon from planet replicas

Spikes

Take an umbrella Tim  ;)

But a great day, got to meet everyone I wanted to, and finally caught up with the forumites. Spent up, too much nice stuff on show/for sale.
I may have bought some pages of art.... 

The PR Mekon is superb. They had a bunch of stuff i'd have loved...

COMMANDO FORCES

Great first day, lots of chat, signatures, photos, etc...
Now out for a meal at Reds with the family and then meet the reprobates later.
Aren't those 2000 AD creators wonderful  :thumbsup:

Leigh S

Quote from: moly on 14 November, 2015, 05:40:43 PM
Anyone managed to get a picture of the mekon from planet replicas

The 2000AD twitter feed is your friend - Looks like Durham Red has him under control..... *whistles innocently*

Hawkmumbler

'Henry Flint pages for £50'

Fucking fuck me!!!!

Colin YNWA

Well that's quite beautiful, really really beautiful... well in a evil giant noggined space alien way, you know that kinda beautiful.

Stunning.

(By the way I'm a similar colour to ya Mekon there as I sit at my laptop trying to decide if two pictures of swans is too much in a presentation... WHY AREN'T I THERE!!!????)

moly

Mekon looks really good can't wait to order this

Hawkmumbler

Had a stonking good day yesterday! Too many highlights to list (but D'Israeli and Ian Edginton really are the salt of the earth, aren't they) but it was just ace to meet the forumites again.

And on behalf of that one chair in Leeds, I am sorry.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

IronGraham

Sore tired but so very happy thank you Leeds for another amazing weekend till we meet again x
We're werewolves not swearwolves

antodonnell

Had a blast this weekend and bought WAYYYY too many comics. Also managed to meet a few forumites in person for the first time which is great. I luckily made it to the last round of the 2000AD art comp before being booted out. Couldn't complain :) got some solid feedback to ponder and work on. Overall TB2015 was good fun.

Fungus

On train to Glasgow now (sexiest city in the world - (c) David Bailie). Great 2nd ThoughtBubble and several highlights. Beers with forumites, 7 panels and meeting my fave art droid, d'Israeli. He's a gent, he did me a Stickleback and I am pawing it now. Also bought more than expected, but I am a fecking pushover in that situation...

Steve Green

On my way back - great con and people despite the weather - also sending a get well soon to Dunc Nimmo who slipped and broke his arm even before he'd got in the con.

The Mekon is about 5-6 inches including the chair - it looks a lot bigger in the photo

Dandontdare

Another great Thought Bubble, good to meet up with everyone again. The raw Strontium Dog footage has me drooling for the finished film and the props and all the other Planet Replica goodies were impressive as always - here's Integra as Durham Red:

Spent more than I should, but managed to resist the lure of Henry Flint and Simon Davies original pages. Here's my haul (Supporting one's fellow boarders v]can be an expensive business!):