Main Menu

Bought any new games recently?

Started by ukdane, 15 November, 2005, 02:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

peatsbeats-what's your Gamertag? I'm Kircough. I still play lots of HALO 2 online. I'll have to paste you sometime...

Generally Contrary

Is no-one playing Civilization IV?  Or Hearts of Iron II?

Good old fashioned turn-based (or a slow as near-as) strategy.  That's where it's at!

I'm still waiting to be allowed to buy either of these.  Too much work on.

monty--

I want to get 'Half Life 2' on the Xbox. I'm not fussed about buying the Xbox 360 anymore because 'Oblivion' and 'Final Fantasy XI' have been delayed till next year. 'GTA' on the PSP has surprised me that someone thought it was a curiousity. I thought that game was meant to be good! Surprisingly, there's little AAA titles coming out the Christmas.

WoD

Heh...Kircough is NEVER around when I'm on...he must fear my skllz (is that how the kdz sp34k these days?)

Had a go on StarWars Battlewhatsits 2 earlier - twas VERY good...not brave enought to try the multiplayer online yet though...

The Amstor Computer

GTA on the PSP has surprised me that someone thought it was a curiousity. I thought that game was meant to be good!

Well, much of what I've heard so far has been fairly lukewarm. Load times are reported to be a killer, and it seems to be a console game shunted onto a handheld system, with all the problems of differing styles of play that entails. Add to that the - IMO - quickly-growing-stale gameplay, and it's perhaps not quite the killer app the PSP needs.

Gothmog

"Is no-one playing Civilization IV? Or Hearts of Iron II? "

Playing Civ IV at the moment mixed with Football Manager 2006 and The Movies.

Civilization's as good as always though the maps feel smaller this time round - especially when I've got the Spanish or Russians as neighbours.   They both seem to hate me with a passion no matter which civilization I play as.  Unfortunately it seems to have a memory leak and things can get veerrry slow towards end-game and when your neighbours keep popping up with friendly demands.
They've helpfully included an in-game clock and alarm this time though so you can see exactly how many hours you've been telling yourself "just one more turn".  

Anyone played Star Wars Galaxies since it was completely changed?  Tried downloading the demo a couple of times to see how many Jedi wanabees are running around now but it keeps freezing with 20mins left.

Generally Contrary

"you can see exactly how many hours you've been telling yourself "just one more turn"."

I had that problem last night playing CivIII.  I found myself on a large island and wanted to make sure that I filled it up as quickly as possible.  I built cities until my girlfriend banged on the door.

WoD

Load times on GTA LCS are not intrusive, not for me anyway.

The Amstor Computer

WoD -- How do you play? On the go, or at home?

WoD

mostly at home, on the couch, while the better half is watching something on housing or the like - sometimes on the plane, etc.

Quirkafleeg

Playing Civ years ago... "Well that's the sun coming up, better get some sleep... nah time for another go"

WoD

Similar thing with Alpha Centuri (IIRC), just having one go while away with work at 9:30 at night...next thing it's gone 3...

Bico

King Kong is quite fun, if undemanding.  It's sort of a walk through the movie's plot, with additional action sequences where you fight the various human and monster inhabitants of Skull Island.
Looks lush, too.

Satanist

I just bought Shadowrun for the SNES yesterday and am lookin forward to battering in at the weekend. I lurve my SNES.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?