Main Menu

URBAN DEAD - The Killing Game.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 23 September, 2006, 02:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

So, another UD thread. Sorry. But this one has a specific purpose. To celebrate the upcoming paperback release of Button Man : The Killing Game lets have one of our own. A Killing Game.

The idea is that those that want to play start a new character. They list that characters name, and what type of character it is. Although they can be called whatever they like their description must start with TKG so that we have a clear identifying marker. We then have to hunt each other down and keep on killing until their is only one player left. Deaths are reported here.

When a character dies that's it, they can't come back as a zombie, they are out of the game and lost forever, no matter how they die. However if you die before the winner is announced you can start afresh with a new character.

It's an excuse to have a Player Killing Rampage but only amongst a select few.

Anyone up for this?

Darryl

Never really got into UD - is it relatively easy to play, whats the URL?

I like the sound of a Button Man game though.

DavidXBrunt

Very easy to play indeed. It's basically a limited turn role playing game with people moving around the grid finding objects, interacting, having fun, fighting.

We'd be using the board to play out our private vendettas, and it would work best with multiple players to help us narrow down the field. Though it's a large grid you often stumble across people you know and, well, give it a go.

Link: http://www.urbandead.com" target="_blank">Come Join Us

Darryl

And I have a character!

Rent Treznor. Cop.

Now to kill something!

Or even, figure out what the buggery I do ;-)

DavidXBrunt

Tutorial. Find safety. You can enter any vuilding that is Very Strongly barricaded or less. If you are on the streets when you run out of Action Points you're dead.

Then build up action points so that you can buy skills. You can buy points by attacking someone succesfully, by healing someone, by clearing a building of bodies, by reading a book (sometimes) and so on. When you have a 100 points you can buy skills that come in very usefull.

I will be starting a character tomorrow evening to give you a head start and we'll see how many people join in. Official kick off is Wednseday noon, anyone joining before hand gets a little bonus time to build up their skills.

Bolt-01

DXB: Great idea. I'll be up for it.

I'll post character details her ewhen sorted.

Bolt-01

Bolt-01

I'm in.

TKGBolt01

Link: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=665671" target="_blank">TKGBolt01 profile for linkage.

Darryl

ming

Great idea, DXB.  I'm in.  As a further suggestion, how about we have the chance to take two markers (i.e. kills) before a third makes death permanent, and the player must retire from the game?  Rather than a one-off quick death...  maybe this would make it a bit long-running, but if you get killed by another player you have the opportunity to get revived and hunt in down in a cat-and-mouse game worthy of Button Man...

Screenshots of warnings and kills would be a good idea, and players should keep a record of remaining markers in their profile.

Thoughts?

Link: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=666120" target="_blank">TKG Johnny Dial

Dudley

Rex Banner

DavidXBrunt

Do you know danger? Do you know fear? Do you know death? If you do then you're one of the very few to have survived meeting...

Link: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=666483" target="_blank">TKGLionelBlair

DavidXBrunt

As for rule modifications...whatever the majority want we'll go for. Wednesday noon is the official kick off so we've got til then to decide how we play.

Leigh S

sounds good - so can we start powering up our characters - and so long as I dont meet my other self, i wont mess up my long standing survivor?

If were all new characters, shouldnt we all "start together" - eg register them on the same day, so theres no chance to get a quick advantage?  

Or should I register someone fast and start building them up!  

Leigh S

Also, I reckon that if we are talking low level characters, theres a good chance we'll be wiped out before anyone meets - maybe only a verified TKG on TKG "Kill" counts - you could take a screenshot to prove it.  Otherwise, you have say two days to revive or your out of the running (to stop people hiding as zombies) - if everyone is on everyone elses contacts, you could keep track of who was dead at any given time