Main Menu

New Rebellion AvP game

Started by Satanist, 11 February, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

What's the latest on the Star Wars game Gordon?

GordonR

Quote from: "WoD"What's the latest on the Star Wars game Gordon?

Ehhhhhh.....that it came out 2 years ago?  I one I did was Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.

Peter Wolf

Any clues as to when this game is out in the UK ?

I have managed to resist buying an XBOX so far but not any more.

I like the fact that you can switch between 3 different species as that amounts to 3 different gaming experiences.I never played the original.I did play Predator Concrete Jungle which wasnt bad.

Is there a free roam type set up in this game or is limited to separate chapters or missions ?

If you cant say or leak information about it then no worries.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

WoD

Quote from: "GordonR"
Quote from: "WoD"What's the latest on the Star Wars game Gordon?

Ehhhhhh.....that it came out 2 years ago?  I one I did was Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.

Sorry - I thought you'd had a hand in the 'new' game that I thought they'd got the development rights on...my mistake.

the shutdown man

Here's a cool gameplay demo of the Predator. The "trophy kill" is frankly awesome.

//http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50381
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Mardroid

I've never played these games, but I get the impression the predator is probably the best all-rounder. Best in terms of balance of abilities I mean, agility, strength, ranged attacks, etc. For a scary ride, I reckon the marines ar the way to go.

ThryllSeekyr

Thats awesome.

I like the idea about using a targeting arows to fine-tune the leaping function. The only ptroblem is that it seems you might have pause game evrytime use this. Which can sort of dampen the RUSH, but I guess this is something to be learnt as you play as the Predator.

I bet the play-testers can do thes on the fly.

Nice trophty kill on that marine.

You could see his horrified expression stiffin fromrigor mortis as his face was removed.

GordonR

Peter Wolf

It has to be said that this games looks fucking amazing.

Buying this game from new when it comes out is going to be my one and only concession to buying any Microsoft product.On the plus side at least some of my cash will go to Rebellion as well.I must admit that i dont know if Rebellion and the games creators get any kind of royalty payments from sales of this game as i havent got a clue how all that kind of thing works in the games industry as averse to the music industry that i do know about.

I am also going to buy a 360 but i will buy that secondhand as for ethical reasons apart from buying the game i dont want my cash going to Microsoft.

[A WW1 Sopwith Camel and one other unidentified biplane just flew past my window as i was typing this !]

It would be nice to know if this game has linear game play in the jungle scene in one of the trailers here or does it have a free roam type set up where you can hunt down colonial marines and Aliens for as long as you like.It would be something else if it did but my guess is it doesnt.

uncle fester

Does look like a lot of fun. But I'm still stuck on Dead Space having wasted all my ammo and ended up stuck outside a room full of monsters.

So I'm guessing I won't last much more than five minutes in this. I'll be the one peppering the surrounding foliage in shells, whilst failing to hit a single moving target.

the shutdown man

Quote from: GordonR on 30 July, 2009, 10:28:06 AM
New trailer up for the Marines campaign in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GljJpco0VZI

That looks awesome.

I wonder will you be able to fight the Aliens or Predators off once they grab you? A bit like having a few seconds to knife guard dogs or banzai attackers in COD before it's too late.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Kerrin

This looks bloody good. Any plans for it on the PS3 or did I miss that bit.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Kerrin on 30 July, 2009, 08:51:10 PM
This looks bloody good. Any plans for it on the PS3 or did I miss that bit.

Its is PS3 and 360 as far as i know.

Kerrin

radiator