Main Menu

Charley's War - Best Ever ??

Started by Ol^ Marbles, 09 May, 2002, 05:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol^ Marbles

I'm afraid some snecker has beaten me to it and put up an excellent 'Charley's War' fansite all by themselves ! Written by Pat Mills, it has to be a contender for best British comic strip of all time. No seriously, even a big Dredd & Wagner fan like myself has to say the Mills boy did real good here.

Follow the link to find out what all the fuss was about - we want a Graphic Novel reprint, when do we want it, NOW !!!!!

Link: http://charleyswar.tripod.com/battle/index.html" target="_blank">Charley's War

Thread Zero

I would love to read it. Never have.

scojo

paulvonscott

I read it in the two titan books, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Got one from the boot fair, and another from an e-bay auction Wake alerted me to.

I had nagging doubts as to whether having the upperclass bloke as the cad, coward and bounder all rolled into one.  It's a bit like christianity, an easy target.

The truth is that being a bastard in life has little to do with class, culture or power, it's just those people get more chance to excercise it.

Rant aside, yes it was good and I wish I could read more.  Mch as I like 2000Ad, I wish I had the choice to read something else.  I probably would.

Ol^ Marbles

Did the GN reprints cover the whole story ? It went on for at least 3 mebbe 4 yrs in 'Battle' so I can't see how it could ?

paulvonscott

Colonel Sah!

There were only 40 episodes printed in all between the two volumes.  No Sah, I don't think they were all there Sah!  Quite right Sah!

Private PVS (Sah!)

Ol^ Marbles

Thought so. Its a total feckin' disgrace that a strip like that can only be bought via hoovering up old 'Battles' on ebay. Someone at Rebellion wants to get off their feckin' arse and *do* something about it ! .
Ah well, carry on Private...