Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well I'll be. Now glorious art aside that's a cross-over I'd LOVE to see.

The conflict between DW and JD would be good enough, but with a baddie as good as the Daleks for them to then play off... nerdgasm!

hippynumber1

I'm going to say it and prepare for a kicking but I've never been a fan... That said, I really do like his rough prelims...

Simon Beigh

Readers of my Megazine Odyssey blog may recall in the Meg 211 review I wrote the following:

"If I meet D'Israeli at a comic con and can get a sketch off him, Raptor would be my choice. He's a brilliant little character who 'speaks' using no vowels..."

So I was at the Forbidden Planet signing of Trifecta last night, and D'Israeli turns up! I pluck up every ounce of courage and ask for a sketch of the super fast little killing machine - and I get one! Wahoo! Matt was very apologetic for the rubbish drawing, saying he had only had 4 hours sleep the night before because he'd been traveling. I say that pish and nonsense - it's a great little sketch - and captures Raptor very well.

It was interesting how Matt penciled the sketch first, then went over with pens. You can just make out the pencil rough in the photo.

TordelBack

Oh bravo, Sir.  Srsly, tht's grt!

Sideshow Bob

Wll dne, SmnB,
Thts nthr grt sktch t dd t yr vr xpndng cllctn !!
Chrs
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: SimeonB on 23 August, 2013, 09:29:31 AM
Readers of my Megazine Odyssey blog may recall in the Meg 211 review I wrote the following:

"If I meet D'Israeli at a comic con and can get a sketch off him, Raptor would be my choice. He's a brilliant little character who 'speaks' using no vowels..."

So I was at the Forbidden Planet signing of Trifecta last night, and D'Israeli turns up! I pluck up every ounce of courage and ask for a sketch of the super fast little killing machine - and I get one! Wahoo! Matt was very apologetic for the rubbish drawing, saying he had only had 4 hours sleep the night before because he'd been traveling. I say that pish and nonsense - it's a great little sketch - and captures Raptor very well.

I was standing next to you at the time! I got an Enormo Overdrive. He smells blood in the business waters.

Simon Beigh

Aw Chief - if only I'd known! Ah well... Next time...

hippynumber1

Ships passing in the night... So romantic...  :lol:

Acid for Blood

Graff Vynda K

That Nemesis commission is fried gold. Wonderful.

He's slowed up a bit now, but here's a commission I got from Mick McMahon (Should this go in the non-2000AD art thread instead? Not sure...)

Mick's 'Junkyard Demon" is one of THE strips from old skool Dr Who magazine. He captured the cranky creepiness of the 60's cyberman better than even the actual TV show...

blackmocco

Well, this puppy's on it's way from Spain to sunny Los Angeles as we speak. Delighted. Haha! I'd originally asked Carlos if he's be interested in drawing Golgotha and Hammerstein to which he replied "Uff! I can't do that." I moved on to Johnny and Wulf relaxing after a hard day's bounty-hunting and this beauty materialized. (I asked for them to be drinking Guinness, by the way. You can take the boy out of Ireland but etc...)
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Graff Vynda K

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 20 August, 2013, 10:22:23 PM
I'm going to say it and prepare for a kicking but I've never been a fan... That said, I really do like his rough prelims...

Seconded. It's taken him a long time to get as good as he is now.

Frank

Quote from: blackmocco on 19 September, 2013, 04:41:10 PM
Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 06 September, 2013, 04:15:20 AM
He's slowed up a bit now, but here's a commission I got from Mick McMahon. His Junkyard Demon" is one of THE strips from old skool Dr Who magazine. He captured the cranky creepiness of the 60's cyberman better than even the actual TV show...

http://i.imgur.com/0p492OE.jpg

http://s233.photobucket.com/user/blackmocco/media/1175639_10202070267579279_423910652_n_zpsf21be56b.jpg.html

Johnny and Wulf relaxing after a hard day's bounty-hunting and this beauty materialized. I asked for them to be drinking Guinness, by the way. You can take the boy out of Ireland etc...

Aye, but did you ask for them to be buried balls deep in each other too? I knew all that bare chested log choppin' that went on when they retired to Smiley's World was communicating subtext - those guns (and their positioning (!)) have never seemed so playfully suggestive. A couple of crackers, but McMahon's Tinribs steals the prize. Thanks for the generously sized image, Graff - Mick's stuff is actually even more unfathomably brilliant when you can see the individual pen marks and how it was drawn.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 06 September, 2013, 04:15:20 AM
That Nemesis commission is fried gold. Wonderful.

He's slowed up a bit now, but here's a commission I got from Mick McMahon (Should this go in the non-2000AD art thread instead? Not sure...)

Mick's 'Junkyard Demon" is one of THE strips from old skool Dr Who magazine. He captured the cranky creepiness of the 60's cyberman better than even the actual TV show...

Superb choice. I spotted that one straight away, very nice!

hippynumber1

Quote from: blackmocco on 19 September, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

Well, this puppy's on it's way from Spain to sunny Los Angeles as we speak. Delighted. Haha! I'd originally asked Carlos if he's be interested in drawing Golgotha and Hammerstein to which he replied "Uff! I can't do that." I moved on to Johnny and Wulf relaxing after a hard day's bounty-hunting and this beauty materialized. (I asked for them to be drinking Guinness, by the way. You can take the boy out of Ireland but etc...)

It seems like absolutely bloody ages since you commissioned this! Lovely!