Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Coming my way at some point...

http://tuggingyourcoat.com/2013/09/29/satanus-again-and-why-not/

"Excited" probably isn't the right word...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Skullmo

Very exciting!

I can't wait to see this!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Particularly as I ask Mike if I could get a recreation of just this cover a while back. For one reason or another it didn't happen so can't wait to see what I missed out on. Well done that man,

blackmocco

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 September, 2013, 09:19:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Particularly as I ask Mike if I could get a recreation of just this cover a while back. For one reason or another it didn't happen so can't wait to see what I missed out on. Well done that man,

He may just have reused your rough!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Spikes

Quote from: blackmocco on 29 September, 2013, 07:27:49 PM
Coming my way at some point...

http://tuggingyourcoat.com/2013/09/29/satanus-again-and-why-not/

"Excited" probably isn't the right word...

Speaking from personal experience, 'excited' is most definitely not the right word.
When it leaves the Master and ends up in your hands, prepare to be blown into the middle of next week!

But before then, this is good, good stuff!
Anything from that era of Dredd gets my thumbs up.

(Think there's some more forumites hoping to get a package from Mick at some point in the very near future).

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 September, 2013, 04:14:17 PM...there's some more forumites hoping to get a package from Mick at some point in the very near future

:lol:

I wouldn't go quite that far, JJ.  This side of 2015 though, with a bit of luck ;)

blackmocco

"I'm just starting a batch of commissions, so it should be done sooner
rather than later.

Best

-- Mick"

From the man himself. Not exactly holding my breath but when I initially spoke to him about doing this one he had mentioned he wouldn't be able to get to it until the end of the year. Looks like he found a window...? Doesn't bother me, either way. Well worth waiting for.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

hippynumber1

Yes, definitely 'in the future' at some point!  :lol:

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 30 September, 2013, 06:20:06 PM
I wouldn't go quite that far, JJ.  This side of 2015 though, with a bit of luck ;)

I always got the impression he'd do these remaining commission's before the year was out?

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 September, 2013, 07:12:39 PM
Quote from: ming on 30 September, 2013, 06:20:06 PM

I always got the impression he'd do these remaining commission's before the year was out?

Dunno; in February I was told 'The finished art should be ready by the end of April' so all bets are off as far as timing estimates go.  With no idea how many pieces Mick has committed to there's no real way of knowing, but there's no hurry as far as I'm concerned, anyway!

hippynumber1

Same here! Commissioned almost exactly a year ago, pencil roughs done (twice) and then an assurance it'd be done by April, then nothing 'til now. Not complaining mind, I'm happy to wait for as long as it takes - you can't rush genius!

Graff Vynda K

My second McMahon commish's been being worked on since March after 2 roughs. Genius absolutely cannot be rushed, and it's great to see him back on the Prog as well as doing frickin' Hellboy!

hippynumber1

'The handsomest man in comics' kindly agreed to turn my baby brother into a zombie for his birthday.  Thanks Leigh, you're a superstar, and this turned out far better than I could have imagined (and it made me a little to sad; my poor little brother)...

Sideshow Bob

Wow !!!...
That is just so cool, Mark.... :D
A fabulous Birthday present for your brother.....
Great stuff from Mr Gallagher...

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

ming

That turned out really, really well, Mark; fantastic stuff!  Has your brother seen it yet?