Main Menu

plot suggestion and worst thrills redux

Started by 2000AD Online, 06 December, 2001, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

I don't know why,  but people say "redux" as a pretentious way of announcing a sequel.  Like Apocalypse Now Redux and (in Japan) Austin Powers Redux.
     I reckon that Chief Judge's Man will eventually mount some kind of attack on Hershey and/or Dredd with the aid of Judge Edgar, who I noticed hovering balefully in the background the last time he appeared.  It would be cool - as would leaving it because one thing distinguishes 2000Ad from the American comics I read as a kid is it's willingness to have incomplete and unhappy endings.
  As for worst thrills - no one seems to have mentioned Pussyfoot 5 - the worst I've read so far.

yours ravaged by cold,

Floyd Kermode

Jayzus B. Christ

Pussyfoot 5 was utter twaddle, alright, as was 2000ad's Devlin Waugh story. What was John Smith playing at? I wouldnt mind, but Killing Time and the first Devlin Waugh story were among my favourite series in 2000AD and the Megazine respectively.

Matt

This thread just got me thinking but whatever happened to Sean Phillips? I don't really read any comics apart from 2K & the meg now, so is he working in the states? And whatever happened to the proposed Swimming in Blood 2? Will phillips be illustrating it? To be honest that first series was the only Devlin Waugh story that was any good.

MATT

fraston

Sean does indeed take the yankee dollar. as for the sequel to swimming in blood...ask tharg....

F

Fifty

Pussyfoot 5 really sucks.

It is even worse than Killer and Wardog.

I though Fetish was good btw, wrt Devlin Waugh.  I've never read Swimming in Blood though, that was about the time that I stopped reading the megazine the first time.