Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Cheers Mikey - you sure know you way around a unitard.

flip-r mk2

Quote from: Mikey on 27 September, 2017, 01:03:58 PM
First step is at least asking him if he fancies a synthi-caff.

I haven't disrobed Joe but I imagine it would go something like this: pull off his hands & boots, unzip the leathers, move his arms so they are pointing back and down, then move the arms of the jumpsuit down and off his arms (probably easier to pull from the cuff). Once that's complete it should be easy to get his legs out.

Then just turn up the volume and let the Fattie singing sensation Barold 'The Barrel' Blyte lead the way, lie back and think of the Meg.

:D

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

TheTooN

Arrived this morning but I had Imaginext all over the place and only just got one open. Selling the wee mans old toys to pay for his Dads new ones :P

Dredd is wonderful to look at, no arguing. I'd imagine the vast majority of collectors will stick him in a vanilla pose and be over the moon. I'm chuffed to bits to have a 1:6th Dredd but I would have liked more poseability.

A lot of the attitude in an action shot comes from the torso twist. Due to the leathers (I think) its a struggle as it tries to go back to normal position when you let go. I'll have a good play with it tomorrow but so far I'm a wee bit disappointed in the artic. Its no different to Hot Toys in leathers mind you, Wolverine springs to mind as being handcuffed by his.

I didnt like the boots right from the design stage, dusty weathering on a street Judge ? Apocalypse or Cursed Earth all day but on this I'd have preferred clean. I wore a pair of white gloves (supplied with the PCS Lawmaster statue)  from the off after the 1:12th ones lost weathering from handling. The finger tips are already discoloured and there is a chunk worn off by the boot cuff already. I would have left them green with black weathering. Maybe I'm just an oddball as I've not heard that comment anywhere else. Soles of the boots are curved upward at the toes which looks ace but you lose stability in an action pose. Odd one for me.

Steel washer and blu-tac worked a treat thanks for the tip !  I might need to move it right a bit tho on looking at it again. No idea why 3A put theirs in his armpit  :o

I've not taken the other out yet but I can see that its missing the slide on the shotgun. There goes my unlucky streak again  :lol: I'll email CS later, hopefully they will be sympathetic.

TheTooN

Spot the Schoolboy error in the pic anyone ?  :lol:

TordelBack

Left the plastic inlay in the helmet, y'bampot.

teckno viking

Double visor coolness for those Cursed Earth jogs?  lol

teckno viking

1/12 Justice Dept amongst all the 1/6th Judge goodness flowing.

Not overly a fan of 3a nor Mezco. So went with my Own. Has a Bolland/Dillon feel to me.

TheTooN

Thats cool, wheres Giant ? I've seen another mod in the Mez group with a Streetfighter head inside that looked ace. Cant remember the guys name, American with a comb in his animation :P

Would have been nice if Mez or 3A could have sold an alt head and badge set as accessories, that could sell some extra figures for them at minimal production costs. I went for 2 of each of these Dredds because of the switchout faceplates as much as anything.

teckno viking

Here you go Scott for GIANT. Plus using the Mezco body as it gives the built to match the name LOL

So my Custom Dredd with new Head.

teckno viking

Also Armour UP!

Plus just had some 1/12 3d printed name badges done via FB. I will show how they look once I have them.

TheTooN

Giants ace, hope 3A take a look at doing him in the future.

I'll be interested to see how the badges turn out, so small to get that level of detail.

teckno viking

yeah detail is not as sharp as the sculpted ones from reaction,3a and mezco. Though tbh if the name can be seen, winning lol
Thankfully did not cost much at all and back up option is make names on the countless "DREDD" badges i have 1/12 scale lol

Dash Decent

Quote from: TheTooN on 27 September, 2017, 05:04:21 PM
I can see that its missing the slide on the shotgun. There goes my unlucky streak again  :lol: I'll email CS later, hopefully they will be sympathetic.

I'm sorry to hear that, TheTooN.  The same thing happened to me.  I got an e-mail back from bambaland yesterday:

Dear Customer:

Noted, we will ask our maintenance team to seek the replacement for you ,and it will take around 4-6weeks , we will inform you the tracking number once available.

Best Wishes
3A CS

4 to 6 weeks!? Sheesh.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

teckno viking

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 September, 2017, 01:34:35 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 27 September, 2017, 05:04:21 PM
I can see that its missing the slide on the shotgun. There goes my unlucky streak again  :lol: I'll email CS later, hopefully they will be sympathetic.

I'm sorry to hear that, TheTooN.  The same thing happened to me.  I got an e-mail back from bambaland yesterday:

Dear Customer:

Noted, we will ask our maintenance team to seek the replacement for you ,and it will take around 4-6weeks , we will inform you the tracking number once available.

Best Wishes
3A CS

4 to 6 weeks!? Sheesh.

At least they are covering you. Mezco has no CS for Internationals.  TBH wouldnt surprise me you get in half that time.
My replacement Lawmaster from 3a was quick.

Toon, hear you on the boots. I would have thought that kind of weathering better suited for the Cursed Earth release and cleaner boots for Street work.
Plus we all know how much a stickler old Stoney Chin can be on dress code.

Wonder if he hands himself demerits?

TheTooN

Had the same email reply from CS Dash, it comes when it comes I guess, at least they were on the ball with the reply. Try to hide the fact its not there with the pose maybe, or have him cleaning it :) I wonder if the piece they supply will go on the shotgun or not, looks like it might force over  :o If not do we need a new shotgun altogether.

Leathers are wearing in nicely, soles of the boots look so good even with their dusty weathering. I think I need to try a Hot Toy flight stand or something next to try to get him running. Poor PCS Dredd has lost his base....again  :lol: