Main Menu

New Pope!

Started by longmanshort, 20 April, 2005, 12:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

That's right, laugh it up, mock my grammatical errors!

I should be at lunch anyway (except that I pushed it back after proof reading someone's magazine with my poorly grammatical brain)!

Dudley

http://www.suite101.com/files/articles/34000%5C34385/david.jpg">

"Deadliest of all the arachnids, the Lawyer Spider's web is both sticky and complex.  The Contractula, as it is also known, lacks poison for a frontal attack, preferring to tangle its victims in silk until they suffocate..."

Funt Solo

A bit of politics:http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/042105H.shtml" target="_blank">heavvyyy, man.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

BrianO

"In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will be reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock among many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.

Hmmm. . . A dreadful Judge.
I thought world war 3 was meant to happen first?

maryanddavid

dont heed malachy,found this;

ST MALACHY
(c.1095 - 1148) Archbishop of Armagh

Brought up at Armagh after the death of his parents under the care of a hermit, Eimhear. Ordained by St Ceallach, Archbishop of Armagh, at twenty-five. Vicar to the archbishop, responsible for eradicating abuses and superstitions. Substituted Roman for Celtic liturgy, settled the regular celebration of the canonical hours in all churches, and renewed the use of the sacraments, especially penance, confirmation, and matrimony. Studied the canons of the church with St Malchus at Lismore before becoming abbot of Bangor in 1123. Bishop of Connor 1124.

In 1128 a raiding party forced him to go with 120 monks from Bangor to Munster, where they received a grant of land at Iveragh in Kerry from Cormac Mac Carthaigh, King of Desmond. Succeeded Ceallach in the see of Armagh 1132 but, because of intrigue, unable to take possession until 1134. His appointment broke the tradition of hereditary succession. Once discipline and peace were restored in Armagh he resigned and returned to his former diocese, Connor, in 1137. He set about dividing the diocese in two, Down and Connor, and founded a priory of Augustinian canons at Downpatrick.

Went to Rome 1139, visiting St Bernard at Clairvaux en route. Pope Innocent II appointed him apostolic legate for Ireland. He established the first Cistercian abbey in Ireland, at Mellifont, County Louth, in 1142. Convoked the synod of Inis Ph?draig (off Skerries, County Dublin), 1148. Set out again for Rome, reached Clairvaux, where he died in the arms of Bernard on 2 November 1148; buried at Clairvaux. Canonised by Pope Clement III in 1190, the first papal canonisation of an Irishman. The so-called Prophecies of St Malachy concerning the Popes are spurious: they were unknown before 1590.

Source: A Dictionary of Irish Biography, Henry Boylan (ed.), Gill & Macmillan, Dublin, 1998.

Jared Katooie

Leave the poor pope alone yiz mean bastards.

Anyway, Bob Geldof was theoriginal rats singer.

:)

paulvonscott

Oh come on now, it's all mad talk, that bible stuff, isn't it?

longmanshort

Burn the infidel!!!!

You are, as always, perfectly right - it IS bonkers. But it's bloody fun pointing at the loonies and laughing ... ;)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Matt Timson

The thing is Mulcher, I'm always doing it when you're not looking.

Now go to bed!
Pffft...

Mike Carroll

Didn't have time to read this thread over the past couple od days, so I've only now spotted the post from paulvonscott on 20 Apr 05 at 12:33:

> From the BBC site:
>
> "He said his first planned overseas trip
> will be a return to his native Germany,
> for a youth conference in August."

Er... Italy to Germany? How, exactly, is that "overseas"? Which seas? Wouldn't it be much, much, much easier to travel "overlands"?

Mike the baffled

Byron Virgo

"Now go to bed!"

Do you two live together or something?

johnnystress

at home with eyebrows and molhcerhttp://www.tue.nl/cursor/bastiaan/jaargang42/cursor23/achtergrond01.jpg">

longmanshort

Timmo's got about as much hair as Burt ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

GordonR

"Do you two live together or something?"

Not yet, but it's surely only a matter of time, I reckon, what with all that old married couple comedy-bickering they do.

Wils

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/achtergrond01.jpg">