Main Menu

Comic Heroes Features

Started by The Sherman Kid, 19 March, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Bit of a plug I know but I'm sure the moderators won't mind.Picked up an issue of Comic Heroes today in Smiths out of curiosity and glad I did.
Three 2000AD badges on offer had me already taking it to the till (yeah, I know ,Im an easy mark), but there was happily a lot more inside.Michael Molcher did a very good article introducing Dredd to the uninitated giving what I thought was a very comprehensive yet clear overview ,with helpful tips how to catch up on the huge history.

Surpringly there was another equally excellent  article on Massimo Belardinelli ,again by Michael Molcher.I absolutely loved his work, the guy was a genius, so was very surprised to hear from Pat Mills that he didn't get the international recognition and security he deserved.I had always taken it as read that he did.Glad some fans caught up with him in his golden years to remind him how loved and appreciated he was.

Icing on the cake being Dredd, Nemesis, Slaine and Halo Jones all featuring in the top 50 comic heroes of all time feature.

All in all very pleased I stumbled across it.

Trout

I have reported the above post as offensive because it contains two references to Molcher's freelance witterings.  ;)

Large48

Available on Amazon now.................................

Possibly!  :-X
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]