Main Menu

Dark Judges - Fall of Deadworld Vol. 1

Started by abelardsnazz, 07 January, 2018, 11:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

I bought a copy of this with some money I got for Christmas and just finished reading it. It really is horrifically good. We all know the outcome, but getting there is expertly told by Kek-W, and Dave Kendall's art is so rich you can almost taste the decay. It flows together really well in one volume, with Dreams of Deadworld, which started it all off, concluding the book, my favourite of these remains Mortis. Looking forward to more.

Proudhuff

Spoiler Shirley? oh no, cause we all know how it ends... :-X
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

There's nothing in that first post that could be considered a spoiler, unless you consider a book's contents (as in, the stories it compiles) a spoiler.

Proudhuff

Fair point well made, but that doesn't change the ending [spoiler]THEY ALL DIE[/spoiler]  :D
DDT did a job on me

Apestrife

Will probably pick this one up. Really liked them in the prog.

Haven't read the follow up Cursed. As good?

IndigoPrime

All of it's great. The book includes everything that's run to date, too, bar Home from Prog 2050.

Apestrife

Got it this week. Read the whole thing on the train home. Really liked it. Thanks for giving it qood word :)

As others have saud, even if I know how itll end I really want to see how the story gets there :)

IndigoPrime

I got a copy myself, after seeing it in the flesh. It's a really lovely book. As for how the story ends, who knows? We know the ultimate fate of Deadworld (or at least we think we do), but in that world anything could happen to the protagonists.

Apestrife

I really liked it's world building. I don't remember if most of it where in Wagner's young death or Grant's Anderson in imaginary pre-death world story, but I quite liked how the judges are fed meds in order to become grim. I think it would be cool if such thing was hinted at in Dredd's dimension. Would make sense, especially after Day of Chaos. I remember some judge in Tour of duty having some pill problems.

Intriguing as well with the judge child, Childs. See what becomes of her. See if she's anything like Krysler.

Cool to have this story being told at the same time as Wagner's Dark Justice: Dominion. I imagine the fall of death world books to sit nicely in the beginning of my mega collection, and the dark justice books in the end of it :)

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 February, 2018, 11:42:23 AM
I got a copy myself, after seeing it in the flesh. It's a really lovely book. As for how the story ends, who knows? We know the ultimate fate of Deadworld (or at least we think we do), but in that world anything could happen to the protagonists.

I didn't have the cash when I saw it on Saturday, but I too was sold by a quick scan through: it'll be the next book I buy, just gorgeous (in a hideously ugly way).