Main Menu

A Picture of the Invisible Girl

Started by Richmond Clements, 22 September, 2004, 06:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr D

I thought they'd decided to base the movie on Ultimate continuity?

Wouldn't that make their powers odd-dimension-based rather than the rather more likeably cheesy 'cosmic rays'? Not that I disaprove of that decision...

And Vic Mackey as The Thing!! Perfic!!

Art

IIRC It's been suggested that the scars he got when an experiment blew up in his face are tiny, but still his pride forces him to wear an Iron Mask and vow vengance against Reed Richards, the man he beleives repsonsible...

(much better than Ultimate Doom who, after the telporter accident that creates the Fantastic Four becomes some kind of crappy robot. Oh, and completely at random he's descended from Dracula.)

Max Kon

the true Face of Doom from dr Strange & doom: Triumph & tormenthttp://www.thecybermax.com/face%20of%20doom.jpg">

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

SiriusB

That really is a terrible pic of Ioan Gruffudd, but he can stretch this way anytime he likes..

(resisting temptation about making blow and horn comments)

House of Usher

(much better than Ultimate Doom who, after the telporter accident that creates the Fantastic Four becomes some kind of crappy robot. Oh, and completely at random he's descended from Dracula.)

God, that sounds terrible! I'm glad my acquaintance with Marvel's 'Ultimate' universe doesn't extend far beyond the Ultimates.
STRIKE !!!

Bico

'God, that sounds terrible!'

It's worse than you think.  He dresses like a bag-lady, has goats legs (I'm not making this up),has robotic insects that do his bidding, and Latveria isn't a country - it's a hippy commune in Amsterdam.
You wouldn't believe Warren Ellis writes this, would you?

Trout

I'm okay with Ultimate FF.

I'm quite taken with the reboot thing on the Ultimates lines, and have bought a few of them for a dozen-or-so issues, out of general interest.
I'm certainly not so much of an FF fan that I'm offended by any of the changes.

However, when a copy was missed out of my standing order, I wasn't too bothered.

- Trout

Matt Timson

That does sound like a bit of a shit Doctor Doom...
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Odd.  I couldn't post to this thread yesterday.  At all.  No matter how many times I tried, or how many different messages I tried to reply to.

And now I can.

It's the work of Doom, I tell you...
Pffft...

Wils

I couldn't post to this thread yesterday. At all.

The cnut filter's obviously not turned on today. ;)

Bico

Well, your post seems to have shown up, Wils, so I suppose you must be right.

Al_Ewing

I totally dig Ultimate Doom. He has hooves. Besides, it's not as though we don't have a perfectly good Dr Doom already, so bring on Dr Hoof and his Commune Of Madness and let's have crazy fun.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Trout

I like the Ultimate Sue Storm.

She's foxy.

Ummm. I hope she's not jailbait.

Please don't think badly of me. :-/

- Trout

Floyd-the-k

bah, RACs link won`t open for me, jailbait or not, I can`t see her.

Gordon may be right - I don`t remember any uprisings against Doom in Latveria, so it may well be a kind of Eastern European Singapore (with the advantage of a much more interesting leader). But since he`s maniacal and ruthless, aren`t their puny lives of no importance to him?