Main Menu

Oldham Comic Con 6th May

Started by Bhuna, 26 April, 2017, 11:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

Hi guys,

Call all Mancs and folks from the Greater Manchester area! Oldham is having its first ever comic con on 6th May.

It's being held in the towns library and is a free event. So if you're doing bugger all and twiddling your thumbs next Saturday, why not pop down?

There are a few board members attending and other notable guests:
Me
Dan Charnley
Grant Perkins
Steve Tanner
Joe Mathews
Nick Brockeshire
Haylestorm Comics
Dave Windett
Mike Garley
Jimmy Furlong
Sam Johnson
Richard Piers Rayner

A table has also come available which is free to artists/writers. Some if there are any artists/writers who might like to attend, just let me know.

Cheers
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bolt-01

Sadly I can't get there but this sounds like a cracking chance to spend some decent time with comic creators.

Bhuna- Are you going to have any copies of Killing Moon there?
Steve Tanner will probably have copies of Flintlock- including the brand new issue I've not got yet.

Go on, pop along.

Bhuna

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 26 April, 2017, 02:54:41 PM

Bhuna- Are you going to have any copies of Killing Moon there?
Steve Tanner will probably have copies of Flintlock- including the brand new issue I've not got yet.

Killing Moon will most certainly be available. I'll also be revealing the wrap around cover for Killing Moon 3 on the day too. Buy a copy of issue 1 & 2 of Killing Moon and get an A3 limited edition print of said cover for free.  ;)

Bolt-01. Do you want me to pick up a copy off Steve for you?
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bolt-01

Bhuna- thanks for the offer but I'm hoping Steve will have a copy for me at the Edgbaston gig this weekend...

Dandontdare

That's Free Comic Book Day isn't it? I might pop into town to pick up my freebies then hop on the tram to Oldham for this!

Bhuna

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 April, 2017, 07:34:32 PM
That's Free Comic Book Day isn't it? I might pop into town to pick up my freebies then hop on the tram to Oldham for this!

It is mate. I know the organisers are trying to do their bit for FCBD too. I hope to see you there Dan.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dandontdare

Sorry, not going to make this. Dragged my hungover self out of bed for fcbd and met Hawkmumbler for a few pints, but all I want now is a nap.

Dr Feeley Good

Called in today with my grandson,was really impressed,a lot busier than i expected...Looked like it had been really well organised...

The grandson with some of Mega-cities finest.....

Bhuna

Thanks a lot for popping over to my table and buying the Dredd sketch. Very much appreciated Dr Feeley Good.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dr Feeley Good

That wasn't me who got the sketch from you,  I wasn't in my Judge gear, I just took the pic...it was Judge Woody who got the sketch I think ! Was  it you who tried photo bombing the pic in the background Bhuna ?

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress