Main Menu

Prog 2128 - The Kid who would become the King of Cool

Started by broodblik, 24 April, 2019, 01:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Staz Johnson delivers a great cover with Max casting a shadow over whom he will become

Dredd continues to deliver. Mark Sexton art's strong linework gives us a great visual impact on the storyline. The story continues to evolve with again a small cameo by Dredd.

Scarlett Traces covered by yellow, orange and red colouring from D'Israeli. His artwork is again the highlight of the story. The invasion of Earth has begun and this time no virus to safe our bacon.

We get more on how Normal became Normal. This time around the story focus more on Max when he was young.

We have a new talent on TFC duties, and she delivers on the story. The story reads like we have done this before but ends with a nice twist at the end.

Kingmaker the highlight of the prog.  Leigh's art just gets better every week. T[spoiler]he battle does not last long as Crixus meets his father. We get some more on his family's back story[/spoiler].

This was a great prog and nice to see some new talent introduced.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Bank holiday must be playing havoc. I still don't have mind – can't remember the last time it didn't arrive before a Wednesday!

hippynumber1

No prog (still) at Chez Hippy. I feel so oppressed.

McNulty

Still waiting for mine as well. This must be the first time the cover art has changed on the homepage before I got my prog.

Tjm86

Nosho here as well.  Should have picked up the copy in Smiths on Saturday.  Not sure if it is BH delay or creative posting (our new post is adopting a creative approach to community integration, posting letters randomly and getting residents to go and talk to their neighbours ...)

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Proudhuff

Decking Bank holiday... nothing here.... bring on Indy 2! At least we'll get our comics on time  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Trout

It's time for a rhyme. Max attacks snacks something something ah never mind. Let's just say that Max Normal story is beautifully done and is the best part of the prog.

My close second is Scarlet Traces, which is a treat in its every panel. I love my prog!

- Trout

norton canes

Quote from: norton canes on 12 April, 2019, 11:02:26 AM
One thing that does strike me about Scarlet Traces - admittedly having only read the last second part of the last chapter (progs 2023-2034) - is that, despite striking images like the one on this week's cover, there seems to be a distinct lack of war-waging Martian tripods

Dear Tharg, next prog can we have Walter The Wobot and Lorna Varn from Death Planet riding Tyranno-Mek out of Ro-Busters through the forest of living trees in chapters 7 and 8 of the Dan Dare lost Worlds saga, while Grobbendonk pelts them with munce?

CalHab

73north

James Stacey

Something Fishy

No prog here in Cornwall either.

Thrill suckers must have gotten in during the build up to the bank hols!

Tjm86

Hmmm. another progless day .... Things keep up like this, next week's prog is going to be here first.  To say that this is unusual is a bit of an understatement.  Considering the number of us still missing it, it does seem that someone might have buggered up dispatch.