2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 30 September, 2012, 01:03:27 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 September, 2012, 11:25:44 AM
I'm SO broke now...   :-[

Very nice ...love Mr Higgins

Was tempted as well .... but had my sights on the Mcmahon cover ...which i didn't get as well , it seems to be impossible these day to find any gems

Finding gems isn't impossible; finding gems at a reasonable price is another matter entirely...

hippynumber1

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 September, 2012, 01:42:33 PM
There was a McMahon cover? On ebay? How did I miss that!?  :o

For those that missed it, here's what you missed.

Sold for about £2700(?)

hippynumber1

Ouch! Was that one of Mr Senior's too?

Spikes

Yep. I should have made a serious play for this when i had the chance, but hey..

Beadle68

Remember that cover well, as a 10 year old I used to countdown the days until the next prog was out then read em over and over again.

J3D1

Couple of Grails picked up today. Finally an apocalypse war page.

Spikes

Very nice indeed. Would love to snag a prog cover. Its my biggest box left to tick. Congrats.:thumbsup:
Seem to remember being offered that Apoc War page by Rufus a couple of years ago. Did you get these from him?

J3D1

Aye, that I did.
Only Apoc war page he had mind.

opaque

Damn. Now I am going to have to kill you :P

J3D1

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 October, 2012, 09:19:44 PM
Very nice indeed. Would love to snag a prog cover. Its my biggest box left to tick. Congrats.:thumbsup:
Seem to remember being offered that Apoc War page by Rufus a couple of years ago. Did you get these from him?

I've been after a Dredd cover for ages and end up with two Tharg ones.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: J3D1 on 09 October, 2012, 09:39:52 PM

I've been after a Dredd cover for ages and end up with two Tharg ones.

See you live in a different world than me, a world of such vast scope and scale that I can barely even imagine it.

I've long wanted a Tharg page let alone cover, preferably by Carlos or Eric Bradbury. There was one on eBay for ages that I looked at longingly for an age, but at over £100 I was struggling to justify the cost. I can only roll up into a tight bitter ball of jealous rage and scream wild, inhuman curses in jealousy at that cover.

I'm sure I'll get over it...

...eventually.

J3D1

My experience in this art malarky is you have to start off small fry and work your way up.
Only way us working class folk can get anyway, time and effort it takes a lot!

I nearly went for that page but with having the tharg cover I felt like it was backtracking on a Tharg piece I was happy with. Limited wall space meaning I need to be more selective these days.

Cheap as chips it went for too.

J3D1

But once you start raising your bar it just keeps going up.
Slippery slope this art world. One thats seen me break the bank and overdraft a few times. Good few times. Worse than Crack!

"Ink, it's the choice of the new wave of idiot!"