Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Bubba Zebill on 13 May, 2013, 10:55:45 AM
Do my eyes deceive me ?? :o  Dredd has no elbow pad in panel 2 yet has it elsewhere. You might want to write the man and get that missing bit of kit  ;)

What prog was that?...I have a feeling it may have been added later....'in post' so to speak.

Prog 455, and no - it was still missing (or strangely reappeared in the knife-wielding panel) when printed...

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: ming on 13 May, 2013, 10:59:44 AM
Quote from: Bubba Zebill on 13 May, 2013, 10:55:45 AM
Do my eyes deceive me ?? :o  Dredd has no elbow pad in panel 2 yet has it elsewhere. You might want to write the man and get that missing bit of kit  ;)

What prog was that?...I have a feeling it may have been added later....'in post' so to speak.

Prog 455, and no - it was still missing (or strangely reappeared in the knife-wielding panel) when printed...

You beat me, I just checked the prog...you right. I wonder if it was fixed in re-prints, but I doubt it.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

o1s1n

Wow, great spot! I spent ages looking at that page yesterday and completely missed it myself  :lol:

I wonder was it a bit of artistic license on the panel and it just looked better without? Will check later to see if there are any signs of an elbow bad being erased.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: o1s1n on 13 May, 2013, 01:53:39 PM
I wonder was it a bit of artistic license
I wondered about that too. If the pad were in place on that arm it would reduce the dynamic some, but then he would just increase the perspective on the arm, make the hand bigger to maintain the dynamic...so I think Cam Kennedy probably forgot to ink it in. No criticism, Dredd is a complex character to draw and I'm surprised more artists don't forget bits and pieces.

It also says something about the quality of the artist's storytelling that nobody noticed  :lol:

Frankly, I think that makes it EVEN more valuable.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Spikes

Quote from: o1s1n on 12 May, 2013, 11:40:48 PM
Just picked this up today. Over the moon so I am!!  :D

A knockout page that, o1s1n. Well done, and thats a lovely bit o' boot knife action.

Greg M.

Whenever I think 'Cam Kennedy on Dredd', the first story that automatically comes into my head is 'The Warlord'. Quintessential Cam. Gorgeous stuff.

Skullmo

There has been quite a bit of Nemesis recently so I thought I would add this. I keep threatening to get a better scan, but until I do this will have to suffice :)

It's a joke. I was joking.

Pete Wells

Cor, brilliant!

The fine Mr Skullmo has sorted me out a piece of artwork that is very close to my heart, here's the clue, any guesses?

Skullmo

Quote from: Pete Wells on 13 May, 2013, 10:11:34 PM
Cor, brilliant!

The fine Mr Skullmo has sorted me out a piece of artwork that is very close to my heart, here's the clue, any guesses?

That is too easy a clue!

Link Prime

SKULLMO- I WANT THAT PAGE!!!!

Great stuff Jacob....and our friends on this thread don't even know the half of it yet!  ;)

Is there going to be a rush on Mick Austin now that a source of his art has leaked?
His Anderson cover to Prog 760 is unfortunately gone already...one of my favourite covers of all time.
Would love a page of 'Crusade' at some stage...will have to take on a weekend 2nd job in Specsavers to fund it though!

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 May, 2013, 10:40:41 PM
SKULLMO- I WANT THAT PAGE!!!!

Great stuff Jacob....and our friends on this thread don't even know the half of it yet!  ;)

Is there going to be a rush on Mick Austin now that a source of his art has leaked?
His Anderson cover to Prog 760 is unfortunately gone already...one of my favourite covers of all time.
Would love a page of 'Crusade' at some stage...will have to take on a weekend 2nd job in Specsavers to fund it though!

Well if people would like some Mick Austin art just drop me a PM. :)

Here is a better photo for you Link:

Skullmo

And while I am here!  :lol: :lol:

Nemesis

Torque

Hicklenton

And a giant Brett Ewins A1 double spread obtained from the wonderful gent that is Wake.

And there is something special coming soon  .. . .

hippynumber1

You bet; and there's possible news of a group wedding to a woman from Nairobi!

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 May, 2013, 07:25:02 AM

You bet; and there's possible news of a group wedding to a woman from Nairobi!

:lol:

Dunk!

Ah Skullmo, that's the HOSH9 spread I was prepared to give up some of my Halo Jones pages for but moved too slowly.

Nice haul.

I copied the Dredd panel on the right so many times as a young teen - 20+ at least.

Love Original Art when there's some serious memories attached.

Dunk!
"Trust we"