Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fungus on 02 February, 2015, 05:53:35 PM
Oh, and Craddock's colours are fine?!

It was noted a few pages back that the colours appear to have been tweaked to make 'em a little less hard on the eyes.

Edit: No, it wasn't, and it doesn't seem to be on the other thread about the collection, either. I must be losing the plot.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 02 February, 2015, 05:48:16 PM
Now are you definitely sure?? If you're not I'll post again! Z

Just to be clear, I was making a weak joke about the likely motivations of your work colleagues - not your posting in this thread set aside for that very purpose! 

ZenArcade

The strange thing is it wasn't my incessant nagging (though I am quite good at single minded pestering). I really only cottoned on to this at the weekend at our discussion group....they actually did it of their own bat. Before I got to them, curses. Z
So anyway....now Tordel are you sure you're sure you've ordered it.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dark Jimbo

I don't suppose anyone grabbed an extra copy of this? I can't find it anywhere near me!
@jamesfeistdraws

esoteric ed

The Legendary Shark

Any newsagent should be able to order one for you - it's how I got mine.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Silent_Bomber

What's the quality of the reprint like in comparison to this one? -

Zenith 666

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 03 February, 2015, 12:48:03 AM
It's absolutely fantastic.

I was mainly wondering because I found an older Devlin Waugh trade from 1993 in a book shop the other day and I really like the size of the thing (I'm taking it for granted the America trade I posted is of similar dimensions?).

Skullmo

Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 03 February, 2015, 12:45:13 AM
What's the quality of the reprint like in comparison to this one? -

The Mega Collection is a lovely book but the painted work is represented far better in the earlier reprint. It is larger and a greater subtlety of colour is present.
It's a joke. I was joking.

James Stacey

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 February, 2015, 06:07:34 PM
Edit: No, it wasn't, and it doesn't seem to be on the other thread about the collection, either. I must be losing the plot.

Cheers

Jim
I've seen it mentioned by someone on facebook so maybe it was there.

TordelBack

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 July, 1974, 10:48:33 PMThe Mega Collection is a lovely book but the painted work is represented far better in the earlier reprint. It is larger and a greater subtlety of colour is present.

True enough. The matt finish means the painted art is fractionally duller, and somewhat smaller than in the most recent Rebellion edition. I won't be binning my earlier version quite yet, but the Hachette volume completely trumps it in terms of content, with the essential 'America 3.5' that is Judgement Call, and three more great MacNeil stories including Wagner's deft Vienna retcon. Also, lovely cover design and the reassuringly annual-like comfort of hard covers.

Third Estate Ned

A family member bought me a copy of the first book that I can pick up when I go back to the UK so I thought I'd spread the word and give my Rebellion paperback copy of America to a guy at work who I thought might be into it. What does he do? He listens patiently to my explanation of JD, thanks me sincerely and then ROLLS THE BOOK INTO A TUBE AS IF IT WAS A MAGAZINE FOR READING ON THE BOG.

But he seemed grateful so I couldn't say anything. Now my run of black and red JD spines is poorer and for no good reason.

Daveycandlish

Beat him over the head with the tube he has made for disrespecting the book!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.