Main Menu

2000 AD-related 3D models...

Started by Mike Carroll, 16 February, 2007, 03:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouwel

That Eagle is fantastic..nice work!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Mike Carroll

The latest model: The Crusader from Dan Dare (a prototype ship Dare stole shortly before the series went on hiatus for thirty years).

Kerrin

Whoa! Mike, that's fantastic. Love the way you've photoshopped it onto your living room floor. :roll:

Mike Carroll

Thanks Kerrin... But the floor is CGI too: I decided I needed a change from rendering everything with outer space backgrounds!

-- Mike

Martin Jameson

Bouwel

That's fantastic. It really looks like a plastic model. Nice one!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "Mike Carroll"Thanks Kerrin... But the floor is CGI too: I decided I needed a change from rendering everything with outer space backgrounds!

-- Mike

In that case it's doubly impressive!

WoD

SuperSurfer

Stunning, but be careful you don't step on that.
I don't have the faintest idea about CGI.
++Does not compute++

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Steve Green

Nice one Mike, looking really good.

Are you still using C4D? Looks like you're getting the hang of HDRI maps etc.

Cheers

Steve

Mike Carroll

Thanks for all the nice words, everyone!

Steve: Yep, I'm still using Cinema 4D. I finally figured out the Global Illumination settings so I can now get pretty accurate renders in a reasonable amount of time - plus I've picked up a few tricks here and there about light scattering, texturing and the like.

And it's pretty much all thanks to you: without your stunning work to spur me on (that is: make me jealous) I'd never have got this far... I've learned more from trying to catch up with you than I could ever have learned on my own - I still watch your showreel every now and then to remind myself how far I've yet to go!

Cheers,
Mike

Steve Green

MarkW

Borag Thungg everyone!

Mike Carroll pointed me this way, I'm teaching myself Blender and I've currently got a Ro-Jaws in progress, will post pics when he's a bit more than just a green blob :D

Introduction time: My name's Mark, age thirty-mumble, living in Leeds where I work as a web-monkey and coder. I started on 2000AD back at prog 7 IIRC, drifted away in the mid 80s though. (The thrill suckers got to me I guess lol.)

So yeah, hi.
Love is a many splintered thing.