Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD TAKES ON THE US!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 31 March, 2010, 05:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Sorry, Grant. Just saw your question. It was The Beguiling, and I believe you must have recommended it.

Great place. Thanks again! :)

Bolt-01

That ABC cover is the dogs. A really nice piece of design work there chaps.

Grant- please tell us that photo is of some chap who happened to be in the store- Surely you look like your avatar?

Grant Goggans

Yeah, that's me, overweight, jowly shatterer-of-dreams that I am.

The Beguiling really is one of the best bookstores of any kind that I've ever visited.  Looks like we're not going to get to take our Canada trip this year, and I am unhappy that I won't get to visit it!

And, back on the topic, it occurs to me that I guess I should have scanned the ad more closely so that everybody could see how amazing the new Harry 20 cover is.  Good one, Alan Davis!

(Now, if only they'll have matching spines...)

vzzbux

That D.R and Quinch would be worth a duplicate just for the cover.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Large48

Yes I can see (at least) me and CF having to buy yet another copy of each of these......

One way of making the figures meet the targets I guess!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Danbo

2000AD wants to try and take on my home town in England,tried to buy a copy of 2000ad or a Dredd mag for the first time in years(im a 35 yr old graphic novel type) and was denied in 2 newsies,both local and WH smiths...gutted.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Christov

Glad the US are getting some more Dredd stuff.

maryanddavid

Mega City Masters look good, might pick them up. It looks like 2000ad is getting the push it needs in the States, the more they sell, the better for 2000ad.

David

Emperor

I see they have a dedicated page for this now:
http://www.2000adonline.com/us/

Quote from: flesario on 04 April, 2010, 12:17:13 PM
Am still a bit worried that very early Dredd could be a turn off. Case files 1 is, lets be honest, nostalgia. Great at the time and still wonderful for the likes of us but to win new people over?

Why not a collection of one proggers or shorts that are selected on the basis they make a good introduction to the character and world, presented as such?

They are doing that too with the Mega City Masters - two volume focused on writers and artists that are recognisable in the American market.

And while Case Files #1 might not be an ideal place to start with Dredd, I think we have kicked this around a bit and some suggest CF #3 (oooooo look CF) would be, and by the time the film is out there should be quite a few Case Files out so it should be covered on that front.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 14 May, 2010, 06:43:03 PM
2000AD wants to try and take on my home town in England,tried to buy a copy of 2000ad or a Dredd mag for the first time in years(im a 35 yr old graphic novel type) and was denied in 2 newsies,both local and WH smiths...gutted.

Get yersell a subbie, not only no more rejection but also you get em early, on Saturday's mostly.

Favorite recent heard thing in HUff Mansions: 'Leave your Dad alone he's reading his comic, you know how he is'
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: vzzbux on 05 April, 2010, 08:06:46 PM
That D.R and Quinch would be worth a duplicate just for the cover.

Glad you like it.  The Agony Pages have been printed full colour and Alan Davis has also provided some rare sketches and Alan Moore script.

Harry 20 also contains some sketches from Alan and a cracking introduction.

V

fresno bob

Wonderful! No more shipping cost from the UK to the US.Hopefully it will also cut into Marvel and DC crossover craziness and force those publishers to produce quality stories, but I doubt it.
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

Large48

So how do we order these versions then?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

ThryllSeekyr

Is that Simon & Schuster instead of Rebellion