Main Menu

Cheap Thrills!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 11 January, 2011, 05:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iutley

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 January, 2011, 12:14:51 AM
Think there's actually a maximum postage price. Last time they had a sale, I got forty or fifty Progs and they came in a box.

stak! Gonna have to check those prog gaps.

So a swag of trades would also ship boxed?

& anyone know hwhat kind of fit the t shirts are? snug or loose/baggy?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Hoagy

Its anticipation station here at Rothwell Towers. I'm going to hold out on the t's until I see the conclusion of my first ever shop.

Can anyone inform me of the average ETAs of Tharg's shopping?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mudcrab

Pretty quick by all accounts. I'd ordered 88 progs last Saturday and they arrived yesterday (Wednesday). Any time I've ordered stuff in the past it's only been a couple of days, so Tharg is indeed as swift at posting things as he is wise and powerful.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Hoagy

Ah... well , no such luck on that score for me. Still waiting. Something my end maybe?  I could do with delivery source numbers and such. See where they may have got to.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Colin YNWA

Yeah so am I. Still no reason to worry yet and I know Denise had to check with me the T-shirt size I wanted as apparently it didn't come through with my order?

Hoagy

It's only GN's I'm waiting for Colin. I'm holding out ordering a t-shirt before they arrive.

:-[ (For previous confusing post on this)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Mudcrab

Actually I was wrong (just opened the package), it wasn't 88 progs it was 1000 comic bags  :lol:

It did seem like a strange delivery company for Tharg to be using. DPD they're called, which made me chuckle  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mardroid

I'm still waiting for my order. A week now.  Still, nowadays that's not surprising.

Spaceghost

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 13 January, 2011, 10:31:51 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 12 January, 2011, 12:14:51 AM
Think there's actually a maximum postage price. Last time they had a sale, I got forty or fifty Progs and they came in a box.

stak! Gonna have to check those prog gaps.

So a swag of trades would also ship boxed?

& anyone know hwhat kind of fit the t shirts are? snug or loose/baggy?

In my experience, Large is too large and Medium is too small. I usually go for a Medium anyway as baggy t-shirts make me look like a fat sod.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Lee Bates on 21 January, 2011, 09:52:17 AM

In my experience, Large is too large and Medium is too small. I usually go for a Medium anyway as baggy t-shirts make me look like a fat sod.

I have exactly the same problem... except with large and extra large... oh and cos I am a fat slob...

...sigh...

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 21 January, 2011, 04:00:52 AM
I'm still waiting for my order. A week now.  Still, nowadays that's not surprising.

Arrived today! The doorbell rang at 8.30*, and I came downstairs to find the delivery person gone, and a big box sitting in the porch.

Anyhoo. I'm happy with the contents. I thought the SD action figure looked a bit tacky in the picture in the shop, but the actual physical item is actually rather nice. Love the detail, accessories and the fact the armour is detachable. (Well semi detachable. I worked out how to open the belt but getting it over his shoulders is awkward. I gave up after a while. It's okay though as he looks much better with it on.) I noticed some marking on the shoulder armour but I think that's common with rubber items, etc. (Or maybe it was intentional 'wear' to show it's in use.) All this extra stuff reminds me of old Lone Ranger and Tonto figures I had as a kid. Not a much as that obviously but more than the old He-man stuff.

Hand grips are well made for the weapons etc. (I noticed the right seems especially made for his bigger gun.). Come to think of it, the weapons and items are very nicely detailed, although I'm not sure why they chose both guns to be blue. I love the fact the armour comes with two holsters. Very true to the comics.

They also list the 'time drogue' on the back of the pack but that didn't come with it... unless it's an attachment to his armour or something. The beam polariser was a nice touch... although he can't hold it. (To be fair I don't think he's supposed to. I thought it was a time bomb from the pictures.)

All round rather good. Stands well too. A bit more movement on the joints would have been nice, but they do the job. I noticed the proportions seem slightly off, the legs are a big long for the body which is actually surprisingly petite. It still looks good though, and I'm glad he wasn't bulked up like a lot of these things tend to be. Great figure, particularly for the price.

I'm half tempted by the other figures after this.(shame Dredd doesn't seem available. What were they doing with that pointy looking helmet though?) Anderson look anaemic though and Durham Red, just odd. That Slaine figure looks good though.

As for Fiends of the Eastern Front, I haven't read it all the way through, but I read the first story a while back. I had a quick look at the two extra stories Stalingradand Red Menace, and the art looks lovely.  I like the old hardback but this is a great item.

*That's really early for us. Mail doesn't usually arrive until after 11am, but this was quite a large parcel so I think it came by courier.

Dandontdare

My T-shirts also arrived today - both are supposed to be "large" but they're fucking huge! I think they mean "comparatively large for a middle aged comic book fan".

I've been stung in the past getting 'medium's that barely stretch across my beer belly, but honestly I could go camping in these!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 January, 2011, 10:29:50 PMI've been stung in the past getting 'medium's that barely stretch across my beer belly, but honestly I could go camping in these!

so the belly's the problem?

Dandontdare