Main Menu

Meg 394 - When Worlds Collide!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 22 March, 2018, 11:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Thursday!

Great Alex Ronald cover.

Dredd: Krong Island. Still loving this and great reference to the cover of Prog #5. Apart from a slightly portly Dredd in one panel Jake Lynch's art is fantastic.

The Returners: A new thrill and intrigued enough to be looking forward to more. Nice to see a brief Gill Man reference.

Lawless. Astounding. Superlatives fail me as the town's situation gets even worse.

Charley's War feature. Looking forward to the definitive edition and interested in the details of the restoration process.

Robert Bliss and the Clown feature. Not read it yet.

Cursed Earth Koburn. Carlos and Koburn. 'Nuff said.

Dredd, The Dead World: What a stonking great issue of the Meg this is. Thrill buffers to maximum.

And there's Dreddlines and the floppy is Outlier vol 3.

A great Meg all round, one to pass on to any non believers.

Jim_Campbell

Yep. That was quite the double package to hit the doormat on Saturday — this and the current prog. It's another fantastic Meg, extending a run of superlative form. Long may it continue.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Yes the Meg been going strong for a long time now. This issue again was great.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Southstreeter

I always choose the wrong time to dump the Meg (which I do every now and then, most recently a few months ago). I don't feel the loyalty to it that I do to the prog, which I will never ever drop. There have been too many times when there's just been an ok Dredd and little else, and I find myself barely reading it. But the latest line up sounds good. Where's a decent jump in issue in recent months - start of the current Lawless run?

Colin YNWA

Yeah you gotta say that's some damned fine comics. Bottom to top

Some middling text pieces. The Charley's War one is good but doesn't tell me anything new alas.

Cursed Earth Koburn is great fun, I'm just not bought into the villian - bit of a cliche

Movie Dredd is really well thought out and I'm enjoying this immensely its a really noce fresh take on the Dark Judges and the art is subline... as you can see bottom up starts pretty high!

The Returned wow what a way to draw you into a new story. FANTASTIC - loved this and in many a Prog and/or Meg this would have been pick of the bunch but here it has very stiff competition. Oh hey have we seen Nicolo Assirelli before - loved that art.

Regular Dredd well its regular apes vs giant apes, and hopefully setting up Dredd driving robot ape, who know but with Jake Lynch's art getting better and better what's not to love. Amazing.

Lawless nothing more to be said is there. Pure comics.

Christ the Meg is good at the moment.

broodblik

Quote from: Southstreeter on 22 March, 2018, 08:23:23 PM
I always choose the wrong time to dump the Meg (which I do every now and then, most recently a few months ago). I don't feel the loyalty to it that I do to the prog, which I will never ever drop. There have been too many times when there's just been an ok Dredd and little else, and I find myself barely reading it. But the latest line up sounds good. Where's a decent jump in issue in recent months - start of the current Lawless run?

Well for if you have not read the Meg recently I believe the best starting point will be the beginning of 2017 with Meg 380. All the stories started at part 1. More  recently might be the start of 2018 (Meg 392) but then you will miss the start of Lawless (which started Meg 389)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Colin- Nico Assirelli illustrated a strip for FutureQuake 2017 and did a bang-on job. Really pleased to see him make the jump to the big time.

DrJomster

Set your thrill-containment-cardigans to maximum, it's yet another strong Meg!

Well worth a re-read of the last three Megs for each thrill. Very nice indeed!

*quickly invents time travel so he can travel forward to next month's Meg*
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.