Main Menu

...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 27 June, 2004, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...was keeping my eye on the Crisis presents X-Presso special #3 that ended on e-bay today, can you believe it went for ?31? think i'll wait for a cheaper one to come along...

Devons Daddy

ebay never ceases to amaze with its prices.

but on the subject of e bay. and taking into account this has been bid on by one of our boarders.

i thought the master had started only using computer art well before this. though i may be wrong. can some one confirm this artwork up for sale is a true orginal art piece. if so i may be one of his last. drawn by hand in ink pieces.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=972&item=2253470735&rd=1" target="_blank">lovely but is it real?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Amstor Computer

Well, it depends on how Carlos creates his finished artwork. If he draws in ink on board/paper, then scans & colours on computer, this could certainly be a genuine piece.

W. R. Logan

>Well, it depends on how Carlos creates his finished artwork. If he draws in ink on board/paper, then scans & colours on computer, this could certainly be a genuine piece.

Carlos still does some pen & ink work on paper, not board before scanning it in.
This piece is being sold by Fatboydale so it'll be real.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

robbycox

Hi DD,
yeah it is real! i know dale (jackson)and if you check his artwork collection out on this very site you'll see the jammy devil also has the front cover to prog 1380 and although dale hasn't posted the image on his site i've seen that he has the original cover and the prelim for this cover as well (like i said the jammy sod!),if you also check out mark willis collection you'll see he has a page from this story as well!http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/Botb_3_3.jpg">

Fatboydale

YEP ITS REAL ....AND I SHOULD KNOW I AM SELLING IT ......I BOUGHT IT DIRECT FROM MR EZQUERRA ,WHICH HE REALLY NEVER DOES AND SHORTY NEVER WILL AS MR LOGAN WILL BE SELLING ALL HIS ART , THE LUCKY SOD , DUE TO HAVING A GIRLFRIEND THAT PREFERS FOOD ON THE TABLE ( AND A BIG NEW HOUSE ) I HAVE SADLY DECIDED TO SELL ABOUT 300 INTERIOR PAGES BY DIFFERENT ARTISTS OVER THE NEXT YEAR OR SO ......... SO IT'S REAL AND GET YOUR BIDS ON IT ...AND NO AUCTIONSNIPING AT THE LAST MINUTE .....DALE ...AKA FATBOYDALE

Devons Daddy

then i stand corrected.thank you board.

lovely piece.i was basing my question on the fact that i stated that this very page was a historic moment with three generations of dredd in a single frame. at the time it was stated that carlos was using computer art.as such it was not avaible as a sellable hand drawn orignal.or words to that effect.

my apologies if any way i offeneded you or brought your reputatoin into quesion.

please  accept my apologie.

good luck with the sales of your collection.
i can safely state in the coming months i will be one of the bidders.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!