Main Menu

1408 Total War and all that!

Started by Proudhuff, 22 September, 2004, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I wanna know where that corpse's head is.

What did he do? Eat it or something?

Brrrrrrr.

- Trout

Smiley

Slater's head's still alive - "Your next gission is do what Nister Ragne says. Gottle 'o geer."

Tiplodocus

This prog's artists and writers?

Bastards.

The lot of them.  

I am so jealous.

Bastards.

(except for Asylum II which hasn't grabbed me yet)

(and dare I say it, another sparsely populated bit of art from Sir Gibson)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dudley

I was studying the cover just now.  IT'S REALLY GREAT!  Strange - the Willsher droids not exactly on of my favourites.  It probably helps that there's no need for be-collagened women everywhere.

Endjinn

The cover is a bloody great one - I'd buy the rpog this week even if I had no clue what it was on about.

rebelwivoutaclue

Hhhhm, this is the 3rd prog i've bought this month and i have to say i'm liking it lots. Although one slight gripe, at 1.60 i do think its a little slim.

Dredd:

This i like, particularly the intro with the Nimrod clone, unfortunatlely i missed all of Dredds recent stories with his clones, i used to think that the kraken storyline was the best i'd read and this one, on only one weeks issue as evidence, could be shaping up to be a gud un. (Didn't know Hershey was the Chief Judge - thats a surprise). Its pretty obvious this Nimrod clone character is either going to help or hinder Dredd in some way, looking good though.

Another thing, is it me or does this Flint art droid remind anyone else of Steve Dillion, another of my fave art chappies. Liking it loads though!

Robohunter:

Years back used to be one of my fave characters, but after 3 wks of reading this i'm still not really 'getting' into it, good - but just not one of the better ones i've read.

Call:

I came in at the end of this story, couldn't really pick it up and so didn't get into it.

Asylum:

I like this, i really do, reminds me of the VC's for some reason, can't think why though. Looking good.

Strontium Dog:

Forgot how much i like this character, before i stopped reading last i'd started to skip his stories having no interest whatsoever. Beavering away at work yesterday the image of the knee pad kid (i think that was his name) came to me, any one else remember that story? Wasn't he an alcoholic or something, got johnny involved on 'one last job' to make some money. That and the story where they went after hitler are my faves.

feridian

Finally managed to buy this prog yesterday, and then got my first sub this morning - so it's twice as thrilling.

Dredd - great opener, and Flint is one of my favourites.

Cabs - this has never really done it for me, and particularly not the Hammer Horror theme, so I'm glad it's over. Giving someone a big gun and a funny accent doesn't count as characterisation in my book.

Asylum - great art, where's the plot?

Robohunter - weaker episode this week, but the whole Samantha Slade thing is working well. Gibson either seems to go for superb micro-detailed backgrounds or none at all, but I'll take the whiteouts to get the body expo pictures.
And can anyone explain - what use is a robotic cigar?

SD - excellent stuff, but distracting continuity issues: why does Wulf stop in the middle of running to the rescue to put his longjohns on?

And the Dreddcon plug, just to rub it in if you've started a new job and can't get the time off.

Oddboy

The robo-cigar was originally intended to help Sam quit smoking - by regulating the amount of nicotine inhaled.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Ay-yi-yi!

There was one very funny scene, Feridian, where sam was hiding from a bad guy and the bad guy was smoking.

Stogie detected the smoke and started screaming about how it's bad for you, which kind of ruined Sam's chances of staying out of sight...

- Trout

opaque

Nukes would just need to be in the right place to cause massive problems.
Remember that block war when one of the citi-def's had loads of explosives under a enemy block? They managed to topple 5/6 blocks.
Imagine 200 nukes in the right place, cut off major infrastructure like roads and junctions.

Floyd-the-k

aaargh, finally got the prog today, read it in bed

i
f

a
ny
o
n
e
h
a
s
n
`
t

read it yet, this is the spoiler space

cover, just adequate for mine.

Dredd: brilliant, lots of ideas there...loved the moment with the super-clone and Dredd`s `it`s  a couple of cells` line. Flint rules!

Caballistics; a bit `with one bound our hero was free` there. Yet another teaser about Rayne being horrible and depraved, little do the characters suspect etc

Stronts: good fun, a nice mix of silliness and seriousness. I too can`t stop seeing undertones in it. Coincidentally, I`m just up to prog 1172 or thereabouts in my big reread; in the SD story there, Johnny is getting romantic with the girl and the historian/narrator notes that there was an increase in the number of children with the name Wulf and Wulfetta (Wulfetta? Who would be so cruel?)

Asylum; could still turn out good, it`s made some jumps in the story which haven`t really worked

Robo hunter is not great but fun. It`s worth it just to see Ian Gibson`s goofy, largefooted robots

bring back p14!

yours happily

Queen Firey-Bou

ARGHHHH !   so i get a bit behind, then i renew my subby, then i realise theyve not sent me 1406 & 1407, so i phone & the lovely subs people send em, explaining that 1408 is late, i know i say, so i read my back log, get all thrilled up... & wait, & wait & then........ 1409 turns up ?!?!?!!! but no 1408 ? AIEEEEEEEE! the anticipation is killing me ! did everyone else get thiers? was it late?

don't worry i phoned the lovely subbies again, will i have to do this every week now ?

Oddboy

They're only doing it Bou because they like chatting to you on the phone.

Queen Firey-Bou

AiEEEEe ! but it was a laydee... what if i don't get progged up before dredd-con? my brain will explode from being two weeks thrills behind & every conversation will be a spoiler....

anywey, i get quite enough phone flirting, why today there was that nice man from cuisine de france " giggle & i'd like one case of wholemeal mini petit pans please, hee hee hee "
and the nice man at williamsons fruit & veg wholesalers " is it raining there too ? giggle ...2kilos of carrots please, hee hee"
sigh, the exitment of it all.

Oddboy

I wasn't implying that flirting was involved - (anyway, I thought you were *not* flirting this year?) - just regular friendly chatting.

I'd imagine that there'll be recent progs at the con, so you could be able to catch up while you're there.