Main Menu

Freebies and/or bargains

Started by bluemeanie, 19 April, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Fable 3 currently free on XBox Live. It's got to be worth that. For some reason you need to change the option to "pay with Microsoft points."
We never really die.

James Stacey

You also have to be a gold member.

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 11 June, 2013, 10:57:53 PM
You also have to be a gold member.
That's okay. I am.

Didn't realise that.
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

Marvel Superheros is free to play on Steam.

Marvel Heroes is the Marvel MMO that you have been waiting for! Play as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America and many more as they team up to try and stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube. Marvel Heroes features a deep leveling system unique to each Super Hero, diverse locations set across the expansive Marvel Universe, a robust crafting system, action-packed player-versus-player (PvP) and much more. Marvel Heroes is a free-to-play Massively Multiplayer Action RPG for PC created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2 with an extensive original story crafted by Marvel super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

About the Author: The story of Marvel Heroes is crafted by comic book super scribe Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, House of M, Secret Invasion, Avengers vs X-Men and many more).

About the Story: The Cosmic Cube is a device of untold power capable of changing the very fabric of reality at the whim of its possessor. The brilliant but malevolent Dr. Doom has the Cube, and with it he aims to reshape the world in his own image. Determined to succeed where the Cube's previous wielders have failed, Doom has lined up villainous allies to prevent the super-heroes from interfering. Can you unravel Doctor Doom's sinister plan and stop him before it's too late? Marvel Heroes combines core gameplay elements of Diablo with the expansive library of characters from the Marvel Universe.

ThryllSeekyr

I seem to be having problems with Steam. I 'm stuck in Offline mode and can't seem to get out of it.

Keef Monkey

Apparently the Fable 3 freebie is part of a new service, they're going to be doing a bit of a playstation plus and giving gold members a couple of free games a month (I believe Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 are the next couple).

A lot of people are bitching that it's not as generous as playstation plus, but as I've already got gold this is a just a really nice bonus.

JamesC

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 12 June, 2013, 09:42:12 AM
Apparently the Fable 3 freebie is part of a new service, they're going to be doing a bit of a playstation plus and giving gold members a couple of free games a month (I believe Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 are the next couple).

A lot of people are bitching that it's not as generous as playstation plus, but as I've already got gold this is a just a really nice bonus.

Anyone have any theories on how this is going to work on the next gen consoles? Neither Xbox One or PS4 are backward compatible so what are new customers going to get for their free games each month? Will it be ported versions of 360 / PS3 games or free indie titles?
Giving away indie titles is fine but it hardly seems as good a deal as getting premium titles like Fable 3 or AC 2.

Satanist

PS4 is giving away a version of one of its launch titles (Drive Club) on day 1.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Trailer for MAD MAX game. Don't think it's based on the forthcoming Fury Road.

http://youtu.be/VBpDO45cJms
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Mark of the Ninja is currently only £3 on Steam
You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

Load of stuff cheap on Xbox Live. Is Mass Effect worth a couple of quid?
We never really die.

sheldipez

Quote from: The Cosh on 02 July, 2013, 07:25:27 PM

My favourite series of games this generation. I'll admit I shed a tear or two at the end of ME3.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: sheldipez on 02 July, 2013, 07:39:55 PM

My favourite series of games this generation. I'll admit I shed a tear or two at the end of ME3.

Seconded, the Mass Effect trilogy is hands down my favorite set of games out there. The first one is a bit rough around the edges now by today's standards, with a lot of clunkiness that was ironed out for the 2nd game, but the Story/Universe/Sensation Of Roaming The Galaxy As The Captain Of Your Badass Crew is all present and correct! A bargain.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 06 July, 2013, 02:24:12 PM
Quote from: sheldipez on 02 July, 2013, 07:39:55 PM

Seconded, the Mass Effect trilogy is hands down my favorite set of games out there. The first one is a bit rough around the edges now by today's standards, with a lot of clunkiness that was ironed out for the 2nd game, but the Story/Universe/Sensation Of Roaming The Galaxy As The Captain Of Your Badass Crew is all present and correct! A bargain.

The Mass Effect games are great. Genuine interactive movies. With hot aliens and shooting.
Lock up your spoons!

bluemeanie

You can currently grab Infinity Blade 2 for ios for free in itunes

Repetitive but still fun and looks gorgeous