Greetingsss from the precipice!!!

Started by Grugz, 07 September, 2015, 05:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

SuperSurfer

Scary stuff, Grugz.

Wishing you all the best.

paddykafka

What everyone else has said. Get better soon, mate!

Proudhuff

uninterrupted sleep is the blessing of Grud, hospitals seem to have forgotten that. And reasonably wholesome and healthy comfort food is a close second. Enjoy both and the family around you!   
DDT did a job on me

Grugz

thanks for all the good wishes chaps ,much appreciated.... don't feel as knackered today though still some way to go. only one glob of bloody phlegm this morning which is progress and after yesterdays bestest chips ever the wife did me the bestest bacon butty ever ,so at least my appetites improving. blood clinic tomorrow which will be fun as its at 930 and I feel crapper in the mornings...still waiting for the lie in or the uninterrupted sleep woke at 4 this morning!  It's weird, I can still smell the hospital and the "food" and have to try to block it from my mind to get through the day sort of an nhs ptsd?!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Get well Grugz. Time should get rid of the memories and if not, then your favourite ethanol based beverages will help.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ssshhheee-IT!

Our group mortality makes me quiver.

Hope you get well soon!
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 08 September, 2015, 04:56:58 PM
It's weird, I can still smell the hospital and the "food" and have to try to block it from my mind to get through the day sort of an nhs ptsd?!

"Ward psychosis" is starting to be recognised as a thing, so, yes, quite possibly.

I appreciate we've had a fairly antagonistic relationship on this forum, but it's not like I want to see you come to any harm! Fingers crossed for a full and swift recovery.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 September, 2015, 05:37:37 PM
It's weird, I can still smell the hospital and the "food" and have to try to block it from my mind to get through the day sort of an nhs ptsd?!

"Ward psychosis" is starting to be recognised as a thing, so, yes, quite possibly.

I appreciate we've had a fairly antagonistic relationship on this forum, but it's not like I want to see you come to any harm! Fingers crossed for a full and swift recovery.

Cheers

Jim

thank you...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 September, 2015, 05:37:37 PM

Jim

Tell me about it - my brush with death was slightly different, but did result in my spending a few months in two hospitals, and then a few more months under a slightly better standard of care.   At the first hospital there was a 'gentleman' who kept me awake for a few nights running with his racist, sexist, everything else-ist outcries.  During the days I was subjected to the worst that outsourced re-heated boiled-of-all-nutrients so-called food could offer.  You really have to wonder just how much money is being spent on hospital-acquired illnesses as a direct result of lack of quality sleep and parcity of good food.

My recommendation to anyone spending time in an NHS hospital is to opt for the 'ethnic' menus - i.e. curries and the like.  It won't be fantastic, but orders of magnitude better than the bland English fare.

Anyway, rant over - glad you're out of the woods, and are there any after-effects of your brush with Sidney De'ath?

Grugz

as yet , no after effects except some spectacular bruises, my inr was 2.5 today (I keep telling the wife I'm perfect,now I have proof) more improvements this morning with minimal pain and no blood coughing whatsoever! so that be good...and the nurses at the anti coagulant clinic are lovely so will make the weekly trip a little less painful.

Link Prime

Just saw this Grugz, glad you're out of the danger zone, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lay off the bourbon for a while.  ;)

Grugz

I've been dry for months due to the meds for the prolapsed disc!!!  actually I can drink whilst on warfarin within reason so I might treat myself to a stout tonight.

Big_Dave

Quote from: sheridan on 09 September, 2015, 12:24:04 AM
My recommendation to anyone spending time in an NHS hospital is to opt for the 'ethnic' menus - i.e. curries and the like.  It won't be fantastic, but orders of magnitude better than the bland English fare

bland is how the old dears like it
my grans dinners are totally white/beige

Heath C Ackley

Glad to hear you are on the mend Grugz old chap.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."