Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK SUBMISSIONS Sept 2016/17

Started by RayePenber, 06 April, 2017, 11:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert J Freemantle

@The Legendary Shark

Which small press, might I ask?

Robert J Freemantle

Here's my problem. I sent a submission but then later moved house! I emailed 2000AD via their website to tell them I was going to move and what my email was in case they were unable to get hold of me. I guess mentioning email was a no no, but I only know that now. I had no reply to that. I then followed up with another contact to them to confirm my new address after I had moved, telling them the name of the story I had written so it connects to it. Again, no reply.
Well it's been at least a year and a half so far, probably more.

I find the 2000AD team never seem to reply online?

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Robert J Freemantle on 01 May, 2018, 08:25:03 PM
@The Legendary Shark

Which small press, might I ask?

Hi Robert. I generally write for Zarjaz, Dogbreath and Paragon comics but there are plenty of others out there.

As to your problem, I'd imagine that Tharg doesn't have the time to go rooting through the slush pile looking for your script so he can put a new address on it (you did include a stamped and addressed return envelope, I presume).

To be honest, he probably regards this as your problem. If you can't get the people now living at your old address to forward mail to you then I think the best thing to do is give up on that script and send a fresh one. Maybe include a brief note about the last one but I wouldn't send the same one again. Chances are, unfortunately, that it was rejected (no offence meant here, a very, very few unsolicited scripts get accepted), but if it was accepted and then lost he'll remember whereas if you send him the same one again, for whatever reason, he'll just get annoyed.

Keep on scribbling and good luck!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Apestrife

Also got a brief letter of rejection. Didn't mind. Learned lots in writing the one I sent in, and the rejection itself only got me more inspired in a "wouldn't it be fun to change this, move this..." sort of way :)

Great suggestion asking smaller publications for critique. Thank you :)