Main Menu

BARNEY Chat

Started by Wake, 18 December, 2008, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I've just recoded the old 2000AD Online chat room for BARNEY.

Click HERE to try it.

You sign in using your email and validation code.

If you use the same email address as you used for the old 2000AD Online then your old icon will probably have been saved. However, your display name is now the bit of your email address before the @.

I haven't tested all the functions, but hopefully most of them should still work.

Cheers,

Wake

Batman's Superior Cousin

Thank you, Wake me old(ish) chum!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Bouwel

Cool and thank you :)

Can't seem to get it working too well under Firefox. I can validate etc. but not getting messages up on the screen.

There again, it just may be clumsy me!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

ukdane

I use them same email address, but it doesn't show any icons, infact the "who's online" box is totally empty for me.

QuoteHowever, your display name is now the bit of your email address before the @.

Means that my login name is : Webmaster
Cheers

-Daney

Wake

If you have an email such as webmaster@ or info@ then you probably have the power to create a new email address which you can validate and use in the chat room. You may need to tell me if you want to link your chatroom id to your profile page.

I use Firefox. There's a hello from grpleahy within the past hour. Your message may not appear immediately. The default refresh is 5 seconds so even if everything is working correctly you may need to wait that long to see what you've typed.

If you validate your email address you should be able to see the message "You must sign in to use the chat room" should dissappear, the form in the footer should change from two text fields to one and your username should appear in the box. Please give it a try, since I need to know what works and what doesn't to bug fix.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: "Wake"There's a hello from grpleahy within the past hour.

Oh! That was me.
It's working fine here anyway. So is there interest in starting up those chat nights once more?

Bouwel

Seems to be working now...excellent :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Wake

It looks like there could be a problem with apostrophes. I'll fix that tomorrow.

Wake

Has anyone other than me seen their icon and/or username in the chat room box?

Bouwel

Sorry, didn't see a thing when I was on.

-Bouwel-

Wake

Please could you try again now. The apostrophe problem is fixed and although I didn't manage to work out why I was the only person showing up, I've mucked about with the code and can see my ID for two different email addresses.

Bouwel

Still seems to be a little finniky on Firefox. It jumps to a page with no input box.

-Bouwel-

Wake

I'm using Firefox. According to the database you signed in. Can you take a screenshot of what the problem looks like? I see you managed to find an input box. Did you see your name next to a grey square in the left hand box?

Bouwel

QuoteCan you take a screenshot of what the problem looks like?

I'll try doing that now.

QuoteI see you managed to find an input box. Did you see your name next to a grey square in the left hand box?

No, I didn't see my name.

-Bouwel-
(Thank you for your efforts with this, btw!)

Bouwel

OK, here we go.

Clicking on the link you provided gives this screen:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Waub/1-1.jpg

Then pressing back in Firefox gives this:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Waub/2-1.jpg

Entering your details and pressing enter gives this screen:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Waub/3.jpg

Entering anything into the text box and pressing send does nothing (waited for 5 minutes). Yet pressing back on Firefox gives a glimpse of what's been typed.

Hope this is of help!

-Bouwel-