Main Menu

Twitter irritation

Started by Matt Timson, 08 April, 2009, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

I've been getting a really irritating pop-up at random times for the last couple of days:

Can anybody shed any light on it and, more importantly, how I can get rid of it, please?  I'm running a G5 Mac with OS X (10.4.11) and Safari version 4 Beta.  I'm almost on the verge of going out and killing women.

I fully admit to my being a bit of a numpty in this area and accept that some amount of pointing and laughing is inevitable.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Never mind- I found the answer on another forum.

Like John Byrne, I hate all that I don't understand...
Pffft...

TordelBack

Twitter irritation?  I'd see a doctor about that, squire. They have marvelous creams these days.

mogzilla

Quote from: "Matt Timson"Never mind- I found the answer on another forum.

Like John Byrne, I hate all that I don't understand...

another forum?
how longs this been going on then? :D

Tweak72

Quote from: "Matt Timson"I've been getting a really irritating pop-up at random times for the last couple of days:

Can anybody shed any light on it and, more importantly, how I can get rid of it, please?  I'm running a G5 Mac with OS X (10.4.11) and Safari version 4 Beta.  I'm almost on the verge of going out and killing women.

I fully admit to my being a bit of a numpty in this area and accept that some amount of pointing and laughing is inevitable.

It is likely to be Safari It self that is the problem as it is known in Geek circles as being very much like Internet Explorer in the fact that it is "Utter Pants". Firefox seems to be universally the way forward
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Matt Timson

Yeah, it was a Safari problem.  Easily fixed if you know how- but all horribly confusing for a luddite of my calibre.
Pffft...

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: "Tweak72"Firefox seems to be universally the way forward

Chrome, I say! Chrome is our new king!
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

vzzbux

On BBC news yesterday some woman called it Twatter. TEE HEE

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.